Change employer after I-140 approved? "similar or the same" jobs?

segio_01

Registered Users (C)
Greetings!

I am currently working for company A and looking forward to joining company B. Company A has applied PERM and I-140 for me, and both are already approved. I understand that I may keep the original priority date if I join company B, although I have to redo PERM and I-140 with the new company. My question is that is it required that the new job in comany B must be "similar or the same" as the old job in company A, or it does not matter?

Is the "similar or the same" a requirement of AC21 for I-485 portability rather than for I-140 portability?....a little confused...

Please help gurus...

Regards..

segio_01 said:
Greetings!

I am currently working for company A and looking forward to joining company B. Company A has applied PERM and I-140 for me, and both are already approved. I understand that I may keep the original priority date if I join company B, although I have to redo PERM and I-140 with the new company. My question is that is it required that the new job in comany B must be "similar or the same" as the old job in company A, or it does not matter?

Is the "similar or the same" a requirement of AC21 for I-485 portability rather than for I-140 portability?....a little confused...

Please help gurus...

Regards..

You may lose original PD if company A revokes old I-140.
This is true even after getting I-140 approved from Company B.

Thanks desi3933. That I know. My question is that must the new job in company B "similar or the same" as the old one in company A? I think this applies to AC21, not I-140. Am I right?

desi3933 said:
You may lose original PD if company A revokes old I-140.
This is true even after getting I-140 approved from Company B.

segio_01 said:
Thanks desi3933. That I know. My question is that must the new job in company B "similar or the same" as the old one in company A? I think this applies to AC21, not I-140. Am I right?

You are right. You new job need not be similar (or related) to current job.