akram

Registered Users (C)
Hello Friends,

Does any one have an idea, What are the chances of getting an RFE. during
I-485.

an RFE for verification of employment ?
What if i did not have a job at that time? And how many days does INS
give to respond?

Is there any one who\'s I-584 got rejected because of this?

-Akram

I agree with SOI.

But also one of the lawyer\'s told my friend that if a company has more number of GC appliants, there are chances that 1 out of 4 applicants will get a RFE.
Not sure how true the info is.

Does EAD makes chances

If EAD is filed then your chances are more to get RFE otherwise if any of the document is not proper then that document and 4 paystub was asked in most of RFE\'s

Eight out of Ten cases are being issued RFEs.

This from my lawyer. I was issued one in Mid April and I responded to it last week. They give about 3 months to respond. They ask for one paystub per month from the day you filed your I485, w-2, letter from employer etc. I hope that helps.

Some more data please

APS Singh ,if you can share Your RD , Category , EAD/AP , did you change employer ?

I also got an RFE in mid-April

in my case though INS asked for a letter of employment verification from "prospective" employer. I had responded to my RFE within a week with a letter from another employer (AC-21) since my case was well beyond the 180 days. At the time of the RFE I was still employed by the sponsoring company, but had already turned in my resignation.

I had 90 days to respond to the RFE.

BG

but not at random though

I think though the 8 out of 10 numbers might be correct I think RFE is driven by the specifics of a particular case. Currently the economy being soft ppl sponsored by companies that are shaky probably will get more RFE\'s.
I work for a big company that did not have any layoffs whatsoever and I have seen dozens of my friends ( and myself ) getting approved without a single RFE all within the last 6-7 months.

RD 7/12, EAD/AP in Oct, FP Nov 30, RFE on April 12.

Did not change employer and work for Oracle. My lawyer says 8/10 people are getting RFE due to massive layoffs in the last 12 months. I hope that helps.

got a similar RFE as APS Singh

Got the RFE around April 10th. Same set of docs requested. My lawyer saw another similar one, a week after that. Till then they had not recieved any RFEs for the cases they had filed. So it might be a new thing.

My case was appiled from a startup. The other one was from a bigger company (donot know the name). So may to be something else in the case that triggers these.

I am worrying about RFE because of layoff, my case has been pending for 1+ years.

My I-485 case has been pending for more than one years. I am really worrying about RFE because of layoff. If INS asks for RFE, it is really unfair. So far it\'s very hard to find a new job.

I don\'t know what I can do now ... May only god bless me!