Certified Mail with Return Receipt to P.O. Box

naturalization

Hello. I recently mailed my application on Saturday, July 28 to

USCIS TSC
PO Box 851204
Mesquite, TX 75185-1204

using Certified Mail with Return Receipt

I tracked the mail on USPS with the result
We attempted to deliver your item at 11:32 AM on July 30, 2007 in MESQUITE, TX 75185 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender.

So when I called USCIS, a representative told me that I should have used the courier delivery address, which is:

USCIS TSC
4141 St. Augustine Rd.
Dallas, TX 75227

She told me that USCIS normally does not go to the post office to pick up the mail. So now I am really worried that the application will be sent back to me and I have to pay the additional 275 dollars when I resend it.

When I called the post office, they told me that they will keep the mail for 15 days. If USCIS does not claim the mail, it will returned to me. I asked them if they can just leave the mail in the P.O. Box without a signature, but they told me that nothing can be changed now.

I also have a few other issues which I would like advice about

1) Part 10 Section D Question 16 I was cited by a patrol officer because the registration on my license plate expired. He told me to renew my registration and send the proof of correction to the courthouse. I did not receive a ticket and there was no fine. However, I had to pay a 10 dollar administrative fee along with proof of my vehicle registration renewal. I forgot to mention this on my N-400

2) Part 10 Section B Question 8 regarding membership in an association. I answered no. I forgot to mention that I am a member of a university alumni association. Does this even matter?

3) Part 7 Question C
I took a trip out of the United States about 15-16 years ago. However, I do not remember the exact date that I left and returned to the US, as well as the total number of days out of the US. So I gave an approximate date as the date that I left and returned as well as an estimate of total days out of the US. Does USCIS have a record of my trip? If there is a discrepancy between the information I provided and what they have on record, would there be a problem with my application?

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
re: answers on form

Don't worry if you forgot to mention something on the forms. At the interview the officer will go through the forms with you, and will update it if anything is new since you sent them the application. I just had my interview earlier this month. Just be honest when the officer goes through the forms with you. Nobody has a perfect memory. It is okay if you accidentally left off some information. Just let the officer knows at the interview.

Hey Naturalization,
Did your package received by USCIS. I also sent a package yesterday via USPS. Status on USPS says "Notice left"
I am little bit confused regarding who is going to sign for the package since it was sent to PO box address?

USPS status reads as follows :

"We attempted to deliver your item at 10:19 AM on August 1, 2007 in MESQUITE, TX 75185 and a notice was left.
A second delivery attempt will be made. If unsuccessful, we will hold it for five business days and then
it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later"

Could you please let me know what happened to your package

thanks,

Reply to krish2006

Yes, USCIS received my package the following day.

USPS online result

Your item was delivered at 9:13 AM on July 31, 2007 in MESQUITE, TX 75185.

Did you send your application on July 31 ? So did you pay the new fee of 675 dollars?

When I called USPS, they told me they would hold the mail for 15 days before they send it back, so I was surprised to find out that your online posting mentioned a hold of only 5 business days. What method of mailing did you use? Certified mail with return receipt (the green card, not the email one) or did you use some other method?

Hi,

I sent N-400 first time on July 14th by priority mail with delivery notication. So far it has not been delivered and checks not cashed yet.

So I sent another N-400 application to make sure my application is mailed (with postmark date before july 30th) before the new fee comes into effective.

I sent the second one on july 28th by express mail with waiving signature. Reached there on Monday July 30th with notice left around 10.30am. I think on Monday evening the message changed to delived to INS (I wonder why they are still using INS instead of USCIS) and the name of the person who signed it. I have also requested for delivery proof from online usps.com for my tracking#. I got a pdf file in that there is a signature of the person who received it and it says P.O. Box 851458 (different from the one I mailed it).

Now I am hopeful that atleast my second application reached before the new fee comes into effective. I have also written a letter saying why I am mailing the second one.

Thanks