Certificate of Naturalization Signature

madabushi

Registered Users (C)
In the certificate of naturalization, where it says "Complete and true signature of holder", should I

* PRINT my full name (uppercase only)?
or
* Write my full name (capitalize)?
or
* Sign as I would normally do?

Thanks.

madabushi said:
In the certificate of naturalization, where it says "Complete and true signature of holder", should I

* PRINT my full name (uppercase only)?
or
* Write my full name (capitalize)?
or
* Sign as I would normally do?

Thanks.

Hi....I recently found this weblink (I think I found it somewhere on here) and book marked it: NewCitizen

It has a section on signing the certificate.....hope it helps!

I am glad it said in the website

"If you previously signed the photograph that is mounted to your Certificate of Naturalization, then sign your certificate using the exact same signature you used to sign your photograph, even if that signature does not match the full name shown on your certificate. "

I signed exact same signature I used to sign my photograph, and it does not match the full name show on the cert.

In the NewCitizen article, it says "The certificate should be stored flat or loosely rolled so there are no creases. We do not recommend folding the document ...". When I submit the certifcate for passport application, will the passport officer fold the certificate when he mails it back to me?

Last edited by a moderator:
NJGoose said:
In the NewCitizen article, it says "The certificate should be stored flat or loosely rolled so there are no creases. We do not recommend folding the document ...". When I submit the certifcate for passport application, will the passport officer fold the certificate when he mails it back to me?

mine did not get folded. However, there is no promise if your would / would not get folded. i guess it is the luck.

i guess it is the recommentation from newCitizen website, however, what would you do if the passport agent fold your cert???

mine was folded

My certificate was folded when returned however my husband's certificate was not folded.

Folded too, dammit!

I was very disappointed when mine was folded upon return. That was unnecessary to do since I had used expedited service with Express Mail delivery (i.e. large flat envelope) both ways. The passport acceptance agent at my post office even obliged my request to attach a note to the certificate to "PLEASE DO NOT FOLD" but obviously someone can't read and / or doesn't respect the significance of this document.

On the original topic of this thread, I unfortunately didn't understand the correct way to sign my certificate at that time so signed it with my typical signature (using middle initial instead of full middle name). I still received my passport with no apparent issue about this so I don't think I'll worry about it at this point.

Congrats @JaydenJ !!
I recall from your other thread you had to wait a long, long time.
Thank you. I sure did about 1 year and 4 months from start to finish. Longer including things that I needed in order to even start the process. To anyone reading this. My Instagram is @Jaydvnj if you have any questions about the process. Mine was just finished, so the whole process is fresh in my head.

I know I asked this before but I forgot the answer. Does the N600 make you a deal citizen? And if so how do I keep my Canadian citizenship now that I got my american citizenship?

I know I asked this before but I forgot the answer. Does the N600 make you a deal citizen? And if so how do I keep my Canadian citizenship now that I got my american citizenship?

Both Canada and US allow dual citizenships so you do not lose your canadIan citizenship when you become a US citizen. In other words, you are already a dual citizen. Congrats.

Both Canada and US allow dual citizenships so you do not lose your canadIan citizenship when you become a US citizen. In other words, you are already a dual citizen. Congrats.
Yessssssss, Thank goodness. I appreciate the help. Thank you

The best way to document your dual citizenship is to keep both your Canadian and US passport up to date every 10 years.