certificate of naturalization = passport?

dingli_detroit

Registered Users (C)
I assume we will get the certificate of naturlization after the oath ceremony.

My question is after the oath ceremony, if I leave USA without applying for a US passport, will the US immigation officer let me in a few months later if I show them my (1) Chinese passport + (2) certificate of naturalization.

thanks in advance

Maybe they will let you in....but that is not legal...

US Citizen must enter the country using their US Passport.

harvydonald said:
Maybe they will let you in....but that is not legal...

US Citizen must enter the country using their US Passport.

if you enter to US from Mexico or Canada, i think you can use the cert. of naturalization. i have not heard custom would let US citizen returns without a valid US passport (even thought to show the cert. of naturalization). i might be wrong. however, i would not want to put myself at risk for being denied to return US without a valid US passport.

FYI you never return to the USA with a foreign passport if you are naturalized citizen. It is against the law and your citizenship can be revoked.
The biggest mistake you will ever make is to return to US with a foreign passport. you will leave to regret it.

naturalization and passport.

FYI you never return to the USA with a foreign passport if you are naturalized citizen. It is against the law and your citizenship can be revoked.
The biggest mistake you will ever make is to return to US with a foreign passport. you will leave to regret it.