Celebrating INS inneficiency: I-485 1st YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!

Marc Lavoie

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

Today's the anniversary of my I-485 Receipt Date. (RD 10/30/01).
1 year later and absolutely nothing done by the INS.

It's simply nasty the way worker immigration is handled in this country.
How can it be possible to take over 1 year to go over a simple stupid application? This is a 10-minute job!

Maybe if I were a terrorist I would have had it approved much sooner.

Go USA! Keep the love growing!

Marc

Marc for you it is just an anniversary for me it was over long back.
My RD 05/15/2001.

God knows what the heck these f* ASSHOLES are doing with the application.

Lets see ....may be November will bring good time for all of US.

:(

Processing Times

I did some analysis on the data in Rupnet. For those people who are lucky enough to get approved. Here is the average processing day for RD's in 2001.

Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep
522, 487, 448, 420, 391, 404, 409, 415,402

I saw a post some where that suggested if you did not get approved within a couple of weeks of 'the average' you were in for a long wait. You can theorize that if they can't approve you on the first look, then you go into some pile of pending work, which is acted on 'when they get to it'.

If you are at day 365 then all things being equal you are likely to be approved in the next 30-60 days. Post against this thread when you get approved or otherwise if things don't work out by December. Good Luck.

Calendar Days

These are the average calendar days between the RD and AD dates in Rupenet for each month. As I recall Rupnet went online around May this year. If we assume that those people who registed RD's for the early part of 2001 had already passed the 'magic window' for their I-1485's to be adjudicated then the early results are probably skewed by this. The other thing to note is that many of the people who register their data never update there information, or us it to track their approval but do not enter there AD information. Below is a listing of the current approved I-485's by RD month over the total filers.

Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep
42%,75%,47%, 81%,79%, 72%, 61% , 29%, 9%

It would look like that the months processing is probably complete when more than 70% of the Rupnet users have updated there records.