Catch 22 - PT license

rims

Registered Users (C)
I have done my 4.5 years of PT from India with 2.5 years exp.

Currently I am on H4 in Calif and have done my evalution of credentials. I am lacking in a few general credits and is currently working towards completing those.

Meawhile we came to know that the Calif PT Board is asking for SSN for submitting the application. I don't know when was this rule implemented and I am in a fix now. Please help and advise.

Can it be given from another state and how can I come back to Calif. for work? Please advise.

Could anyone suggest if there are any way of getting employers even before getting a PT license, or who could sponsor H1B so that I could get a SSN and thus the application is processed? I am not sure whether that is going to work ...... any ideas .... please share with us.

I donno if anybody faced such a situation with him or her.

ITIN number

You could use the ITIN number which IRS gives you and which you use for filing taxes of an H4 spouse. It is the same format as SSN. My wife is on H4 and she has always used that number for all her education and licensing requirements.

SSN problem

Hi
I think there are many in the same boat...
But how does someone get out of it?

I do not have an ITIN yet !
Nothing makes sense...
PLease let me know if anything comes up.

help

hey rims,
my wife is a physical therapist from India. She graduated from Rajiv Gandhi University, Karnataka.

Could you help me with the next steps for PT licensing for Georgia.

Thanks,
Ramesh Patel