Case withdrawn help on AVM message

new1234

Hi,

I filed for GC (WAC-02-042-5xxxx). AVM says same message 485 was received etc.

My sopuse also filed I485 for me too (wac-02-121-5xxxx). The AVM says, this case has been withdrawn. To my knowledge our attorneys did not withdraw this application. I wonder why this happened. Any suggestions or comments.

Thanks a lot,

CoolWater

You may want to do a conference call!

why dont you ask your lawyer to do a conference call with an IIO.

you sure your company did nothing ?

Did your company instruct the lawyer to do something ? that they are not telling you ?

talk to IIO , fax a query from the lawyer .

One person can have only one live adjustment application with INS. Either you did not tell the lawyer about your previous I-485 or the lawyer was ignorant.

In law office (of immigration attorney), most of the work is done by paralegal and often they don't have much knowledge. This is something what happened last year. A's priority dates were not current in May. In the visa bulletin for the month of June (which was published in the middle of May), it became current and the lawyer filed A's I-485 right away (in May itself). I told A that INS would return it because it was not supposed to be filed in May. But he cursed me and trusted the lawyer and wasted couple of month (INS sent his 485 back).

Point is that don't trust lawyers (specially immigration...) blindfolded. Get a second opinion in complex cases (same for doctors, car mechanics.....).

No offense or disregard intended to anyone.