Case transferred to San Jose Office

BCIS_sux

Registered Users (C)
The online message indicates that my I-485 EB has been transferred to San Jose office. Can someone share their experience about the interview process?

WAC-02-061
FP 4/25/02
NO 2nd FP
NO RFE
Changed employer 9/02 without any gap.

Thanks in advance!

Some where on forum I read that cases transfered in April are still waiting, do your own research.

By the way did you inform INS of the change of jobs ???

Yes, i informed INS of the job change. I recently sent two fax inquiries and possibly pissed off some ppl there.
Thanks, I will do more research on the forum but was just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

San Jose is better than most centers for transfer cases. Check a thread by stain for a more accurate analysis of time. It takes anywhere from 2-6 months.

BTW I don't think its a good idea to inform them of job change without waiting for RFE , we are seeing more and more transfers in instances where they have been informed in advance . Anyway goodluck atleast you are one step closer.

I remember reading somewhere (some lawyer's chat group...) that there is no need to inform INS about the job change until they ask for EVL etc.

Did your lawyer asked you to send these faxes?

The lawyer wasnt too keen to take any action at all. He said, give it another 6-8 months (Dec '01 case). I requested a case referel from INS phone service (3 times, and no response). Finally, the customer service folks transferred me to INS officer and he recommended to either wait or send a fax inquiry.
I am not sure if the case transfer for interview is a good thing or bad but atleast they picked the file and broke the silense.

My case is also transferred to San Jose

My Case (WAC 02-057-xx) also transferred to San Jose local
office on Nov 17 2003. My ND is Dec 05, 2001. Lawyer received
transfer notice for me and my wife. FP1 expired , still waiting for
FP2 to arrive

Khi_boy did you get an RFE at all or was it a straight transfer? Also did you send any Fax Enquiry? Just trying to see if there is any pattern here.

No RFE

One possible reason for case transfer is:

My company was acquired by one of the telecom bluechip but the tax ids were retained same so its technically the same company. My lawyer said , no need to file I140 ammendment.

But 7 other guys along with me also got approved from same company without any Interview. I personally feel that my reason of interview is because I am from Pakistan.

I didn't get any RFE but did fax enquiries twice for getting 2nd FP notice.

about The fax inquiery:

Would you please tell us, how to send the fax inquiery??
What's the style? By your self or the lawyer?

thanks

BCIS_sux and khi-boy:
I am in the same boat. My case just got transferred to San Francisco office per the online system and says I have to wait for a notice for the interview date. This is just so frustrating. This is the worst thing that could happen. My RD is 04/2002. FP 06/2002. Let me know what you guys find out as far as what is typically the cause for interview and what is asked. Thanks and take it easy.

My case also got transfered to San Francisco even though I am in San Jose. My RD and ND is May 2002.
God knows when I will get the interview call.

reasons for your transfer?

RChakraborthy and gc_hopefully what do you think is the possible cause of your case transfer?

RChak & GC,
when was your case transferred to local office? Did you or your lawyer do a fax inquiry? Have you changed jobs using AC21? if so, have you informed INS? Just trying to see if there is a trend here.
Thx

Answers

Guys, Here is my info:
RD was April 2002. My 1st FP was June 2002. Obviously that FP has expired. No news from INS all this time. I resigned from my petitioner employer in Jan 2003 and started with another company in NY in May 2003. Unemployed between Feb03 and June 03. I was with petitioner employer almost for 10months after 485 filed. Did not send any fax to INS whatsoever. I dont have a lawyer since i left my first petioner. Filed at CSC and now moved to NY in May2003.

Question:
SHould I file my address change to NY? Have not done that and have not notified INS about my job change. I have filed address change with INS May2003 to my uncles address which is still in CA San Jose. WIll this get me into trouble at interview? I dont know why the heck my case got ransferred to San Fran. Why did yours? Any ideas? What do ur attorneys say? I dont have one yet. If I file for address change to NY Now, i wil be screwed as the case might get transferred to VSC right?

I got laidoff right after 180 days from my GC sponser but luckily found a job within 2 weeks. I have not informed INS about job change. I have moved twice since applying for I-485.
Maybe all the above changes made them transfer my case. Who knows? BCIS itself doesn't have a clue why they do anything.

On a optimistic note a very close friend of mine got his interview notcie within a month after transfer to SFO and approved/plastic card within another month. His RD/ND was Jan 2002.
I don't expect that to happen to me but just a fYI. Some guys have all the luck!
He said that during the interview the INS officer was very interested to find out that if he actually was with the GC sponser for 180 days or not. He literally counted the 180 days , so I think it's very important that everyone stays with original sponser for 180 days.

Thanks guys for sharing your case details.

RChak, if I were you, I would hire a lawyer as your case is not straight forward and the lawyer can come handy during interview process.
I informed INS of job change to keep things clean and avoid any complications. Hopefully they will schedule the interview soon.

Judging based on your cases, looks like there isn't a method to this madness.

BTW, my online message is the following:

On December 9, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in SAN JOSE, CA for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in SAN JOSE, CA will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Thanks guys for all this great info. Very helpful. Here what my online message says:
On December 10, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in SAN FRANCISCO, CA for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in SAN FRANCISCO, CA will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

What else did they ask your friend during his interview? I would appreciate any feedback. Did he also change address many times and that is why his was transferred for a interview or any other reason? My problem is I have moved out of state to NY whereas my application was filed in CSC as I was there when it was filed. Now I am hesitating to change my address to NY as I am afraid those boneheads will transfer my entire file to VSC if they see my address has changed to NY and then I will end up waiting 10 more years!! Do you know of anyone who moved out of state and as a result there case got transferred? Save all your paystubs as those will come handy to prove that u were with ur petioning employer for more than 180 days as there is no other proof I guess? Did they ask your friend to explain how his job was similar or same to his previous job and what proof of that did they want? Thanks guys, you have been a great help! Let me know if you need any info.