case transferred to local office Miami

waiting4myluck

Registered Users (C)
Case transferred on 15th March to Miami office.

Please anybody in the forum in same situation, and how many days does it take to get the interview scheduled(I 485 Adjustment of status).

Please let me know.

I 485 - RD/ND jan 02
FP April 03

Thank you.

Click on searh and try to find... I rememebr there were many cases recently who were transfered to Miami office and they shared their approvals and stamping Exp.

If you need any help in Miami Area, would be glad to help

Good Luck.

Cursious George Have you recved any notice

Have u recved any notice from TSC after they transferred ur case to Miami.

Saying that they have transferred ur case to miami office.

Try to schedule an appointment with Miami Office via internet.
To speak to an IIO @ Miami.

My file is transferred to Miami on May 15.

By mistake i typed March 15, which is incorrect.

Please let me know, share any information related to Miami office transfers, i heard that the interview will be scheduled in 45 days or so.

Thank you.

I have not received the paper notice yet. I only saw the message online. It hasn't even been a week yet, so I haven't expected it this quickly. My lawyer says that after a month, they will send a letter to Miami requesting to look at my transferred case. He said he's typically been seeing cases get an interview within 3 to 4 months after the transfer date, but it could take longer, and I should be prepared for the worst. The worst case scenario is 14 months, but that is really an exception, and definitely not the rule. He has some cases wait for over 6 months though.

My wife's case does not say that it has been transferred. What's up with that? mrao485 who is on this forum said that I need to inform Miami her case is dependant on mine, and they should be transferred together.

Keep updating this thread with your case, and so will I. We can exchange our experiences with each other.

I am glad I found someone in the same situation as me, but I am sad for both of us that we got transferred.

Are you transferred for an interview?

Yes, I am transferred for an Interview

Yes, My file is transferred to Miami, for them to conduct interview to adjudicate my 485.

Curious George

Can you post the sample inquiry letter that your lawyer will be sending to Miami to inquire about your transferred case? I need similar letter, but don't know what is the format/wording. I don't have lawyer now. Thanks.

Hey George, My Lawyer is not sending any letter for inquiry

But, it is me who will be following up with Miami INS.

Take the Appt. and go and talk to them and do the same until they schedule a date.

so, we both are in the same boat waitin for a notice or letter from INS saying case transferred to Miami.

Bcos, why i am asking this is, when i see the Officer at Miami office to inquire about my I 485 interview, i need to have some paper in my hand to show to the officer that my papers are transferred to Miami office for an Interview.

Hello CWPJ, is your case transferred to Miami

Can you please post your details.
when did TSC transferred your case to Miami.

Please let us know.

Both spouse and mine transfered after RFE to Miami on 4/29. We moved to NC in March 04 and the address wasn't updated although we filed for address change. So, not only cases transfered to wrong local office, we cannot go in person to Miami office to check status. We got the transfer notice fowarded to us by the former attorney in FL about 1 week later in May. We submitted letter to request transfer, but we know it is probably sitting somewhere near the 'dumpster'. That's why I want to know how lawyer drafts the inquiry letter and the wordings to send inquiry again.

Our case is ND: 11/01, FP: 5/03, RFE: 4/04, Transfer: 4/29/04.

CWPJ, have you recieved any notice from TSC about your transfer

Have you recieved any letter or notice from TSC regarding your transfer to the Miami District Office.

we got our letter from TSC after 2 1/2 months.

when ever we had to meet the officer at the local office we just took the print out from the case status web page showing that the case was transferred.

Rao

mrao485,
How many times did you meet with the officer at WPB, before you got the notice? How many times until they finally transferred your wife's case?

You said your wife's case was transferred but not yours, and your wife's is the primary. My case is the primary, and my wife's was not transferred. (opposite situation)

Is it possible that my case will be approved in Miami, and then my wife's case would be approved in TSC afterwards?

How long after your case was transferred did you get your wife's case over to WPB?

Lots of questions, but that's why I'm called Curious George. :)

Actually I am the primary and had been approved a long while back. It was my wife's case only that was transferred.

My friend, his was the case I mentioned to you earlier. His was tranferred (primary) and he requested his wife's case to the be transferred too, and both were interviewed together.

I just recieved my transfer notice from Attorney

It says:

Preliminary Processing of the above application or petition has been completed, and it has been transferred to the INS office at :

Immigration information office, 7880 Biscayne Blvd, room: 100,
Miami, fl 33138

Telephone: (212) 206-6500

That office will notify you when they schedule an interview on the application or petition. Any further inquiries should be made to that office.

But, the telephone number area code belongs to New york. (212)

Rao, can you please tell me in yours also does it say the same way.

Please let us know.
Thank you.

waiting4myluck,
Congrats on geting the letter! At least you know they have your correct address in thier system. Now its the waiting game until you get an interview letter.

mrao485,
Thanks for the info so far, and the quick replies! So although your wife's case was transferred, did yours get transfered in the end, or was it just approved in TSC?

I figure I should get a letter confirming the transfer in another 11 business days or so, if all goes well

Mine was approved from TSC way back in 2001. But we had added my wife as a dependent only in June 2001 so it took its own sweet time and was transferred to WPB in Feb of 2004.

George, I got my Letter/notice from my attorney

I got a copy of the letter/Notice (Transfer) from my attorney.
I know, your transfer notice also might have gone to your attorney, ask them.