Case Transferred to Local INS office(Cincinatti,Ohio) on 10-09-02

changlee

Registered Users (C)
I checked my case status on AVM and online both having the same message:The case has been transferred to Cincinatti,Ohio on 10-09-02.

Gurus please shed some light
1) How long does it take for the local INS office to schedule interview ?
2) What are the documents I need to take with me for the interview ?
3) Will the required documents will be mentioned in the interview letter ?

My case details : EB2 VSC, Columbus, Ohio.
RD : 10/15/01
ND : 11/29/01
Job change using AC21 : 05/15/2002
Notified INS about the job change on August 2002.
TD(Transfer date) : 10-09-02

Waiting for transfer notice from Vermont and Interveiew notice from local INS Cincinatti,Ohio.

I checked my status this morning and I'm kind of confused.

It says,

On October 09, 2002, we transferred your I485 APPLICATION TO ADJUST TO PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS to another INS office for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. That office will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case.

Can someone shed some light on this ?

I live in Norwalk,CT and I filed Vermont.

maulikthakkar

Means your case has been transferred to local office for them to schedule interview ,it may take 2-3 or more months depending on the load local Ins Office have.

changlee.

one of my friends case has also been transferred to Cincinatti,Ohio for local interview, he has not received his interview notice yet , Case was transferred to local office on
RD 8/02 TD 7/18/02 .

Hope this will give you estimate of how much time Cincinatti,Ohio INS office takes to schedule interview

maulithakker - please respond

I live in norwalk too. Can you send me more info as to where u live. I have a RD of April 2002. Long way to go but it would be nice to know someone in the neighbourhood