Case transferred to local INS - Cincinnati Ohio

Kirit Shah

Registered Users (C)
I called INS on 1/10/03 and talked with IIO. Lady at INS told me that it will take 60 days. When I checked my status on 1/13/2003, I found that my case have been transferred on 1/10/2003 to Cincinnati Ohio. Many people says that if you change a job or get married after filing your case, your case gets transferred. But none of this is true for me. Any clue ? Do you know how long it will take now ? How can I check the status now ? Any help will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your great reply. :confused:

Options to check on status

There is no phone number to call cincinatti INS.
1) Write a written inquiry through your attorney or by yourself for the status
2) They are open 3 days a week for personal inquiries. You need to go in person, take a number and wait in the queue to be helped.

Usually it would take a month or two for Cincinatti,INS to schedule an interview.

Good Luck

My case was transfered in the fist week of Nov & still no interview news/letter from Cincinnati.

The response I got from calling the INS National Cutomer Service Center at 800-375-5283 was it takes 4-6 months for scheduling interview in Cincinnati.

:(

Hello Guys,

I was one of the souls whose case(filed in Vermont) but based out of Columbus OH whose case got forwarded to Cincinnati. My case was further forwarded from there to Columbus. The whole process took less than 6-8 weeks.

Do not worry too much. I got my approval in October and with in 2 months got the cards too. My case was pulled up for interview because I had a case filed against me from a few years ago when I was pulled over at the Canadian border with no paperwork(I was in legal status and all that, but they were unable to pull up my details).

Cheers,
Govardhanen

Kirit Shah, Did it occur to you that

calling INS incessantly regarding your case might depict u as over anxious and therefore may come across as having soemthing to hide..

Just my 2 cents

TPK

Re:

Good Luck.. A friend of mine got approved last week friday, at local St. Louis office after being transferred to local INS.

I don't know if some local INS offices are only approving the cases at this time.

Kirit Shah

Hi shah,

Even my case got trasferred on oct17. i didnot heard
anything from ins any progress in your's let me know

Thanks,

gogi

hey guys don't want to scare you but my interview letter was sent to wrong (typo) non-existant address luckily i got my wife's and son's letter ( some brilliant postman might have found the closest match) and went to local INS and got my letter too.

later I found out my attorney got these letters too so it was not so bad. I would have got it anyway.

so my 2 cents

if your attorney is not very responsive and it is taking more than usual time to get an interview you may try to contact local INS. In my case if I missed the interview they would have denied my GC.

It is hard to be at the recieving end.