Case Transferred to Local Houston INS office

Transferred_vermont

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I just found out that my case has been transferred from Vermont to local Houston Office to schedule an interview.

My details are
Filing center Vermont
EB2-India
RD-8/00
ND-9/00
FP-12/00
Transferred - 7/25/01

Does anyone has experience with Local Houston Office, how much time am I look at.

TIA.

No Title

I dont know!! but had applied for AP in Houston INS office- they misplaced it - forwarded it to TSC (my 485 is in VSC); after 3 months we heard that Houston requested VSC for our entire 485 case to be transferred to Houston - all this for just approving an AP! they really suck. we went so many times - long lines; officers were very rude. worst experience...by God\'s grace VSC refused to transfer out case since our case is being worked on at VSC...the worst INS office i\'ve ever seen. in contrast, Indianapolis INS was very courteous!

No Title

I am also living in TX and filed AOS to VSC.
I\'m just curious why do they transfter your case to local INS. Is your case either company name change or out of status? How did you find out your case has been transferred? From AVM?

My case is normal (no company change, no out of status), ND 09/00, still pending there.

Evergreen

My case was very straight forward too.

I have been with the same company, and as I am a consultant 4 months back I got relocated to Houston, I had sent my change of address to my lawyer and to INS Vermont.
I found out from the AM. My lawyer says as far as Vermont is concerned they have transferred your case so they will not even listen or entertain any inquiries on my part.

From what I have heard, sometimes the transfer is done to reduce backlog at processing centers, sometimes to verify certain information.

I don\'t know what is my case, I think until Houston sends me a letter explaining what they want, I will be guessing only.

My concern is when will they send the interview letter 3 months, 6months, 12 months??
Unnecessary my case is being delayed.. always happens, God knows why!

dont apply for AP in Houston INS office!! apply at service center

Evergreen,
becos I applied for AP renewal at Houston INS office!

Transferred to Houston

Hi
My case was originally transferred to Dallas. The DDO officer told me that it might be transferred to Houston. Where are you in th process ? and can you share your experience with Houston INS. Thanks
-Sundar