Case transferred to Houston Office for interview.. Is this Bad ? Please Help

anand_houston

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,
I got a new case status update stating that:
On May 19, 2005, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in HOUSTON, TX for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in HOUSTON, TX will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Questions:
1) Will this cause more delay ?
2) The last response i got from the TSC when they were handling the case is that they will schedule me for 2nd fingerprinting. Will Houston Office still want to wait till 2nd fingerprints ?
3) Any ideas on how i can expedite it ?

Thanks,
Anand
I-485 RD: April 2002

Hello anand_houston, can you tell me how your case progressed (or stalled). Sorry. I applied from Houston TSC in Sep 2002. Apparantly case is undegoing security check...Is there a number I can call to find out more (other than USCIS.. they are useless!!).

rajmandude said:
Hello anand_houston, can you tell me how your case progressed (or stalled). Sorry. I applied from Houston TSC in Sep 2002. Apparantly case is undegoing security check...Is there a number I can call to find out more (other than USCIS.. they are useless!!).

How do you know your case is under security check? My ref ACKed on May 3 2005 and no any LUD changes after that. I suspected it is waiting for something?

http://boards.immigrationportal.com...86&highlight=transferred+Texas+Service+center

have tried several times and it has worked!
call 1-800-375-5283
select English option
Then press option 2 to inquire about pending case
then enter option 6
option 1 is pressed after if to enter receipt number
after message of case status press 3 to continue
then press option 4 which says it is in case you filed related family cases and you believe they were separated, don't worry. after a few moments you will be transferred to Texas Sevice center automatically and directly .They will again ask you for Receipt # or alien number. If you give Alien# make sure they look at the right case since it will pop-up in their screen all cases related to your A#/.You better do this between 1 and 3 pm. I have tried at other hours of the day and it has failed. Good luck!

I-485 oct 2002