Case transferred to Chicago Local office

boxerbhai

Banned
Hi all,
Our on-line messages says that our case have been transfered to Local INS Chicago Office, both Primary and dependent.. Does anyone have this experience? And how long usually take to schedule an interview? What will they ask? We are the Employment base application, no job change over the years??

Really need your advice? Thanks

ibcd92 - Can you please post your details ?

Here are my details -

I-485 RD - 08/12/2002
I-485 ND - 08/14/2002

First FP - 23rd Sept 2002
Second FP - 26th May 2004

Added Spouse's I-485 in Feb 2003

Didn't receive any RFE yet.

Currently on second EAD which is going to expire on July 29th. Applied for 3rd EAD on April 12th 2004. Got Interim EAD from Chicago local office on 14th July which is valid for 3 month.

Both me and my spouses Case Transferred to Local Chicago office on July 15th 2004. Haven't received any receipt/letter yet from Local Chicago office.

Also, what is the RD/ND for the local office ? Is that the Transfer date or is it the RD that we filed with NSC ? Currently the site shows that Chicago office is currently processing adjustment of status cases from Aug 25th.

Thanks,

Similar Case

My details

RD 6/20/02
ND 7/5/02
3 EAD's
1 AP
1 AP Pending Approval Applied 4/2004
1 FP
2 FP notice I received on 6/23/04

Case not transferred to local yet but will be soon.

What does August 25th mean for us? Is that 2002?

Yes, its Aug 25th 2002

What I think it means is that they are processing cases with RD (that we filed with NSC) from Aug 25th 2002. But I am still not sure, if its Receipt/Notice date or Transfer date.

Thanks,

I just went to the Chicago local office to find out whats going on (11:00am CST) -

1) When i asked the lady at the counter, all she did was gave me a status enquiry form. She asked me to fill it up and wait. The wait time was almost 3 hours. She was not willing to answer any questions and said wait for your number. I had no intention to wait for 3 hours.

2) As I got in, I decided to check few notice boards. There I saw a notice which had the current dates the local office of chicago is processing. I was shocked to see that the Date put out there for INterviews/Approvals was 08/27/2001. Yes...2001. (and its printed that its the average processing time at that office along with the dates for 2 other locations - Indianapolis, etc.) I have no clue how old the notice is or if it is current. I tried to search for the posted date of the notice, but couldn't find it. Its possible that I might have missed it.

If somone else wants to confirm they can please do. After you go through the Information/Forms counter on the 2nd floor, take a right. The notice is at the corner opposite to the counters, just where one takes a right to go to the restroom.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoke to my lawyer -

The lawyer says that the dates in the local office is indeed Aug 25th 2002. They have got some approvals/interviews from the local office for the Receipt Dates in June and July 2002.

The lawyer also expects that it might take maybe 2 more months for my case to be processed at the local office.

Lets wait and watch... Will keep everyone posted.

Thanks,

RD -03/12/2002
ND - 04/01/2002
AP-NEVER APPLIED
3RD EAD CURRENTELY
RFE RECEIEVED FROM NSC-03/19/2004
RFE RECEIEVED BY NSC - 06/08/2004
CASE TRANSFERED TO LOCAL(CHICAGO)-07/10/2004

I was wondering that when service center transfered our file are local office send you any letter or confirmaion? But in my case i know that local office get my file and opened

i just 07/22/04 received a letter from chicago office for finger print.Strenge thing is we have done twice finger print thru nsc 05/29/2002 and 12/16/2003.
this time chicago office sent for my daughter.Her D.O.B.is 03/19/1990 :confused:

i have two question For finger print how old should be? another is when nsc sent me rfe that time they could do FP for my daughter.i had rfe for EVL,B.C. for my kids. :confused:

well,positive matter is that local office opened my file within less than 15
days.May be my RD is 03/12/2002.and they working on august-2002.

Hi taruwish,

Well, I really don't know what the age for fingerprinting should be. Maybe you can search through the archives section here.

But the positive news is that your file has been touched within 15 days. This is really nice to hear. So looks like they are touching cases depending on RD and not TD.

Thanks,

the age for fingerprinting is 14 years and above. looks like the kid became 14 in march. so after that they would have sent the notice.

taruwish -

Can you please let us know if your LUD (last update date) on the CIS case status web site changed after the local transfer ? Just want to make sure that the local office has definitely touched your case.

Thanks,

I-485 transfer to Chicago

Does anyone know how long it takes after they receive a case? They claim they are processing Oct 20, 2002 - I wonder how reliable that guideline is.
Details:

TSC I140/I485 RD/ND - Dec 26 2002
I140 AD - Oct 2003
FP - Nov 2003
Transfer to Chicago - Oct 5 2004
AC-21 case - I changed jobs and moved to Chicago in June 2003.

Any ideas/suggestions/comments would be appreciated

Hi,Boxerbhai,
I receieved email on 07/12/04 from nsc that my file has been transfered
to chicago on 07/10/04.Then i check my status on website same day
my LUD was changed so my last lud was on 07/12/04.After that same S***.

After a week i received in mail for fingerprint for my daughter.We have done finger print for my daughter on 07/29/04.I haven't heard after that.
NO INTERVIEW ........NOTHING......

My original rd with nsc is 04/01/02.

Hi,All

I was planing to go see congreesman next week but today i received a appointment notice from chicago office(Interview letter).

They asked me following.Please advice.
1-Bring your petitioner with you. Is that Common?2-Medical examination form I-693 in a sealed envelope I already submitted with I-485 Originially.
3-I-864 With your tax returns for the last three years,W-2's and current job letter.Which i already submitted.
4-Your employment authorization card
5-proof of legal entry in to U.S.,Passport.OR I-485 supplement A.
6-B.C. for ALL benificarey.

Please advice me on No1 And NO2
My interview date is on 11/03/2004 at 10:15 am at 230s Dearborn street , 2nd floor,chicago
I am happy but :confused:

Fingerprint Date

Taruwish/Boxerbhai:
Were your fingerprints current (i.e. done within the last 15 months after your case transferred to Chicago?

Yes! My whole family has current.Please any body knows my answer about no1 & no2 of my last message on this current thread.

Taruwish - Sorry, I really dont know the answers to your No1 and No2 questions. Maybe just dig through the archives and try to find something. Try to ask you lawyer about these.

Also, Did your status message change on the online CIS website along with the LUD changes ?

Thanks,

To Taruwish

Chicago office process the Family based 485 cases also.
1. There is no need to attend the interview with your petitioner. That will be applicable to family based 485 only. But to be the safer side, you can ask your employer to come with you.
2. There is no need to do the medical again.

Best of Luck!
( Please note that my interview is scheduled on October third week)

To Taruwish/Viv2

Hi Taruwish/Viv2 -

I also got an interview letter scheduled on 3rd Nov with all the similar points -

They asked to get the following.( same as Taruwish)
1-Bring your petitioner with you. Is that Common?2-Medical examination form I-693 in a sealed envelope I already submitted with I-485 Originially.
3-I-864 With your tax returns for the last three years,W-2's and current job letter.Which i already submitted.
4-Your employment authorization card
5-proof of legal entry in to U.S.,Passport.OR I-485 supplement A.
6-B.C. for ALL benificarey.

Viv2 - Can you please confirm on this -

1) I have already done the medicals when I filed for I-485, Do I need to do it again ? ( Form I-693)

2) What is the affidavit of support form I-864 ? I have all the W-2's and form 1040's. Is that sufficient ?

Also Viv2, please post your details after your interview.

Best of lucks to both of you !

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator: