Case Transferred - After Speaking W/officer

lwskk

Guys - To help other perople, just wanted to post my exp -

I went to Local INS office in St.Paul, MN yesterday for interim EAD. Originally I've applied my 3rd EAD on Jan 9th of 2004 via ONLINE. After long wait at Local office- Officer spoke to me and expressed the concerns of having different A#'s on my EAD receipt and 485 reciept.

So - she told me that Texas should consolidate this info - I said - I'm not sure they understand all this process b'cos it's very hard to reach them via phone. She went to her supervisor to talk about the transfer case so that they can easily consolidate all reciepts. I also requested her that it is a good idea to transfer case to local INS, she says it might take couple of weeks to get her. I said that's OK b'cos Texas will take way longer than that. She said she will see what she can do.

Here is what happened - within 24hrs of time - on next day - For my EAD my online status changed to "Approved". And also, online stantus changed for mine and wife that 485 case has been transferred to St.PAUL, MN local office.

Questions:
1) Does any one has any experience at St. PAUL office regards to how long they take to call for an interview

2) The dates for St. PAUL is currently for 485 is - 02/04/2004. Also when they transfer - how long it takes typically for Texas to send my file to local office?

ND 04/22/2002
FP 11/2003
Wife FP - Not Yet
3 EAD's
Case Transferred - 06/22/2004

Last edited by a moderator:
lwskk said:
Guys - To help other perople, just wanted to post my exp -

I went to Local INS office in St.Paul, MN yesterday for interim EAD. Originally I've applied my 3rd EAD on Jan 9th of 2004 via ONLINE. After long wait at Local office- Officer spoke to me and expressed the concerns of having different A#'s on my EAD receipt and 485 reciept.

So - she told me that Texas should consolidate this info - I said - I'm not sure they understand all this process b'cos it's very hard to reach them via phone. She went to her supervisor to talk about the transfer case so that they can easily consolidate all reciepts. I also requested her that it is a good idea to transfer case to local INS, she says it might take couple of weeks to get her. I said that's OK b'cos Texas will take way longer than that. She said she will see what she can do.

Here is what happened - within 24hrs of time - on next day - For my EAD my online status changed to "Approved". And also, online stantus changed for mine and wife that 485 case has been transferred to St.PAUL, MN local office.

Questions:
1) Does any one has any experience at St. PAUL office regards to how long they take to call for an interview

2) The dates for St. PAUL is currently for 485 is - 02/04/2004. Also when they transfer - how long it takes typically for Texas to send my file to local office?

ND 04/22/2002
FP 11/2003
Wife FP - Not Yet
3 EAD's
Case Transferred - 06/22/2004

lw: you of course are past it, but for anyone else in a similar situation:

i had the same issue in that the A# on 485 receipt and first EAD did not match.. when i re-applied for EAD, i called TSC to check which A# was valid and was told that i should regard the 'later' (chronologically) number as my A#. that obviously was the one on my EAD...

with my AP approval they sent me a list of SRCs that are active on my A# which had 485, old AP and old EAD. surprising, it didn't have the SRC for my new EAD.

in a nutshell, yet again, wtf !!

You don't need to worry about... it might be possible that trigger transfer but to me it seems like co-incedent........ you already got approval of ur EAD. and ur ND shows April 02 cases so ur file is already in top of stack so it may be anymismatch A# they found or any other issue..but they are not quick as u described 24 Hrs...thats seems co-incedent...so stop worrying and either wait or call the Local INS office and talk with them but ur turn will be soon.. just gether all doc and prepare ur EVL or other tax return blah blah doc and keep urself ready to go...

wish u good luck