Case transfered to Newark, NJ. Disconnected information phone line

ehuang

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I called the Vermont Server Center's automated voice system yesterday and found out that my case has been transfered to Newark local INS office to conduct the interview. It provided a local INS office's phone number(973-6454400) for more information about the case status. But when I called, it says the phone has been disconnected. I called back vermont service center and ask them about the phone number. The representitive said that was phone number in their system and couldn't provide me a valid phone number.

Does any of your cases has been transfered to Newark, and know the correct phone number to inquire more information about the case status?

Thanks

Transfer to Newark

RD: 11/05/01
ND: ?
FP: 01/20/02
EB3

By the way, it's a good or bad sign. as you know, Any body was rejected at the interview and what's reason.
Thanks

Yes that phone number has been disconnected. There is no number that you can call.

My case was transferred on 09/06 to Newark and I got an interview notice on 09/11. The interview date is 10/21. So I guess it is quick.

Visit www.immigration-law.com and check the "breaking news" section for 09/15. It lists why a case can be transferred to local office. I think mine was transferred because wife took AP twice from Newark.

Thanks,
nagsp

If I ask lawyer with me to the interview, How much do I need pay him normally? Thanks again.

transfer notice

My lawyer got the transfer notice yesterday. not schedule interview date yet. The notice is: File has been transferred to another office : Peter J. Radino Federal Building, 970 Broad Street, Room 334, Newark, NJ 07102 Tel. (973) 645-4400. Thanks for your any advise.