Case Transfer

GiGiGaGa

Hi , My application date for Asylum based AOS i-485 to Texas Service Center is Feb, 2020.
On July 22nd we moved to Illinois and our new address was updated and confirmed by USCIS. At customer service center they don't explain the time frame of transfer of the case from Texas to Nebraska Service Center.
Can anyone help me to have an idea of all this case transfer process. How long does it take ?
My best wishes for all at this hard time !

Hi , My application date for Asylum based AOS i-485 to Texas Service Center is Feb, 2020.
On July 22nd we moved to Illinois and our new address was updated and confirmed by USCIS. At customer service center they don't explain the time frame of transfer of the case from Texas to Nebraska Service Center.
Can anyone help me to have an idea of all this case transfer process. How long does it take ?
My best wishes for all at this hard time !
You might expect a huge delay in your case. Chicago office is the worst when it comes to speed and responsibility. I wish you well, but Chicago office...
I'm waiting for my decision more then 3 years from them and there are lots of people like me

You might expect a huge delay in your case. Chicago office is the worst when it comes to speed and responsibility. I wish you well, but Chicago office...
I'm waiting for my decision more then 3 years from them and there are lots of people like me
Kindly be sure of the information you post here in order not to mislead others.
You may be right that asylum decisions are delayed in Chicago office; however the issue here is adjustment of status based on one year asylum I-485, aka green card.
Both are totally different in processing time, in fact, it may be better for him/her to transfer the case from Texas service center to Nebraska service center which is faster. The only delay is the time needed to transfer the case.

Correct. The Chicago office sat on my gc application for 23 months! Someone said they sat on theirs for 43 months. These are simple asylum based gc application...straight forward no drama. Still, they sat on these applications. Hope your case, might different. Good luck

Kindly be sure of the information you post here in order not to mislead others.
You may be right that asylum decisions are delayed in Chicago office; however the issue here is adjustment of status based on one year asylum I-485, aka green card.
Both are totally different in processing time, in fact, it may be better for him/her to transfer the case from Texas service center to Nebraska service center which is faster. The only delay is the time needed to transfer the case.
Sry, the Chicago office is different. They process gc applications based on asylum super slow. 23 months to approve my simple straight forward case.

What you see on USCIS website for approximate processing times os pure bullshit. it roughly takes 6-12 months depending on where you are. California is the longest.

Chicago asylum office is slow but they have no authority over adjustment of status applications.

Sry, the Chicago office is different. They process GC applications based on asylum super slow. 23 months to approve my simple straight forward case.
I heard that the Chicago office is very slow with GC cases. I ran through the same problem with the Seattle office.

Usually principal Asylee cases are not transferred to local office unless you get unlucky (like me) and they decide to interview you. So in most cases the case will stay at a service center. My GC process took 6 months rather than the usual 4 because they called me for a interview which lasted less than 5 mins.

if I transfer may case to other states, will I get the interview sooner