Case Tranferred to Washington...RD 11/01

Dardenkoa

Registered Users (C)
my story...short summarized version.

well, everything went pretty smoothly until the prolonged delay.

End of August, asked BCIS for an inquiry letter.

Letter came 2 weeks later and said they sent a Intent to Deny letter back in July.

never recieved the Intent to Deny Letter. Online status and AVM never updated with Intent to Deny notice sent. talked to lawyer between September and November to work something out.

Finally in November, after numerous requests to VSC to resend the Intent to Deny Letter, we got a copy.

Intent to Deny Letter said that there were certain dates of my stay in the U.S. that appeared to be "fishy". I have been in the U.S. since 1986 under student VISA until i finished my masters in 1999.

Anyway, BCIS said we could either try to find some documentation for the specified "fishy" dates or just pay $1,000 penalty fine and they will resume process.

Lawyer suggested paying to get it going again immediately. I paid $1,000. sent in new noterized employment letter.

Then I got my second FP notice ND 12/04/2003. I will be going on 01/06/2004 to get the 2nd FP done. I was given a range of dates to get my second FP done.

and then I just checked online and saw the following:

my online status says the following:
------------------------------------
On December 30, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in WASHINGTON, DC for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in WASHINGTON, DC will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.
----------------------------------

well, i guess at least some sort of activity in my case. i was checking the threads...it seems that interview date can be scheduled between 2-8 months...man, that's a huge range. anyone got any insights? you think things improved or worsened at the Washington office?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: student 1986-99

Originally posted by sb_tiger
You said you were a student since 1986- I assume that is typo?

nope, not a typo, i came to the states in 1986 when i was 11 years old.