Case Status

marrukh74

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys,
Here is my current status that may be of some help.
Date applied: June 2001
File # received: August 2001
Interview required letter with medical papers: August 2002
Received second letter to resend with new forms: February 2003
Application resent: March 2003
Interview date received: August 2003

I am scoring only 68 points under new laws. No idea how would they assess me? I was scoring 74 under old laws.

Guys I have a question if someone could answer: My wife is not in USA and may not be able to attend the interview with me. The consulate asked me to bring her in as well. Did someone ever face same problem? Also, how would they proceed since I won't be able to produce my wife's passport at the interview. Senior members, please advice!!

I can score 69 right now, and I am getting my master degree very soon.But the problem is once I get my degree, i am going to be out of status in canada.

But don't worry about the interview very much, applicants' score above 60 will be invited to an interview under the old regulations,
the pass mark is 70. I believe that you're gonna pass if your english is good.

Good luck!

I am waiting for the interview too,
where is your interview will be taking? I guess I will get new forms to re-fill before my interview.

Thanks for replying buddy.
I filed my application in Buffalo and they transferred my file to Detroit in July 2002.
I have 2 options available now:
One to re take the language test and try to get 4 points in all four sections.
Second my wife has already taken her graduation exams last month and I hope to get her result/degree before my interview date. If it happens, I would get 3 more points and atleast would pass the 70 marks scale.
Take care,
Bye!