case status referral doubts

eagle80

Registered Users (C)
I called 800 # to inquire about my case and the representative told me she will initiate a case status referral for me.do u guys know what exactly the referral is? is it sent directly to the officer who has my case or they just sent it to TSC?

eagle80 said:
I called 800 # to inquire about my case and the representative told me she will initiate a case status referral for me.do u guys know what exactly the referral is? is it sent directly to the officer who has my case or they just sent it to TSC?

Hi eagle80,

I am in the same boat with you. I-485 was sent to NSC in September 2005, the receipt came from TSC. The instruction was to call and to schedule the appointment for BIO3, which I did in October 2005. Since then - nothing happened !!!! I thought they will start processing my case soon, but nothing is happening. I am going to call the #800 number tomorrow to see what's going on.

hi Hhemc

did u sent your medical with the application?

let me know what they told you if u called them.

good luck

eagle80 said:

Normally, when 1-800 request a inquiry, they will send you a notice within 30 days with your case status, it will explain at which stage is your appication and what to expect. In my case when i got it it didn't help at all because that information i knew it already from my congressman's office; but it might be helpfull in your case. It is not sent directly to your IO, the system gives the infromation for that notice.

masylee said:
Normally, when 1-800 request a inquiry, they will send you a notice within 30 days with your case status, it will explain at which stage is your appication and what to expect. In my case when i got it it didn't help at all because that information i knew it already from my congressman's office; but it might be helpfull in your case. It is not sent directly to your IO, the system gives the infromation for that notice.

thanks masylee

do you think they will provide me with specific details about my case?,I had my bio code3 taken on oct 2005 and it's about to expire you think they will tell me the reason for that i mean if my name check is not cleared by FBI yet or any specific reason,or they just will tell me the same generic response like your case is not outside of processing dates and we are still working on cases filed on 2003 we haven't reach your case yet.

eagle80,

It was very stupid of me, but I didn't send my medicals with the application. I just decided to follow the rules and did what I was required to do. I don't thik that the problem is with the FBI check, but our application were just "put aside" for a while. I am going to call them tomorrow to see what's going on. I'll let you know.

Hhemc said:
eagle80,

It was very stupid of me, but I didn't send my medicals with the application. I just decided to follow the rules and did what I was required to do. I don't thik that the problem is with the FBI check, but our application were just "put aside" for a while. I am going to call them tomorrow to see what's going on. I'll let you know.

hi Hhemc

no it's not stupid, I didn't send the medical with my application neither,when we applied the instructions said don't send the medical but they changed that after we applied and the new instructions ask applicants to include the medical with their application.

the stupid thing is the notice they sent us,which asked us to schedule bio and then they put our cases aside tell the FP expire, i think this notice was a system error because the regular notice everyone get doesnt ask them to call and schedule bio,anyways lets see what is gonna happen

eagle80 said:
thanks masylee

do you think they will provide me with specific details about my case?,I had my bio code3 taken on oct 2005 and it's about to expire you think they will tell me the reason for that i mean if my name check is not cleared by FBI yet or any specific reason,or they just will tell me the same generic response like your case is not outside of processing dates and we are still working on cases filed on 2003 we haven't reach your case yet.

well, my friend that i don't know.............my response wasn't that specific, it was more like generic. but it did explained that i was on fingerprint process at that time with TSC. have you ever talk to an IO at TSC over the phone? or just 1-800?

masylee said:
well, my friend that i don't know.............my response wasn't that specific, it was more like generic. but it did explained that i was on fingerprint process at that time with TSC. have you ever talk to an IO at TSC over the phone? or just 1-800?

I talked to and IO and she said she will inquire my case but that was 7 weeks ago and I didn't receive a response, 2 weeks ago I talked to ont of the 800 custoner service people and she initiated case stus referral,and she gave me a case number and said if you don't receive a written response within 30days call them back, when I talked to the IO she didn't gave me a case number or anything she just said she will inquire my case, I think she didn't inquire or anything because i didn't receive any response .