Case status Online Dies in DO

sony55

Banned
Hello,
I have noticed for myself and many other applicants that once the file gets transferred from the service center to the district office, the case status online or the "last update" field never changes after the date they mail the interview letters. It seems like the DO's don't update the case once the interview is scheduled. Either that , or they are too busy to update the case. Even if you notice, the service centers' dates of processing are closer to real processing times. As a matter of fact, the service centers' dates are almost correct.
Any way, is there anybody here who has his / her file in the DO and noticed any update on the case after the interview. the last and most recent thing we can see, even after the oath is the date the interview letter was mailed or scheduled. Anybody has different or similar thoughts?
thanks for participating.

I agree

My case has not shown up online in over 4 months. I called the USCIS Customer Service people twice and was told both times: "that means your case is already with the DO", which means that the DO does NOT touch the online case status stuff.

That supports the theory!

FLA said:
My case has not shown up online in over 4 months. I called the USCIS Customer Service people twice and was told both times: "that means your case is already with the DO", which means that the DO does NOT touch the online case status stuff.
Exactly! I really believe that the service center is the one which update the online status once the interview scheduled, not the DO. And maybe that's why there is a gap between the receipt of the letter of interview and the time the interview is conducted. From there, zip, nothing happens to the "alleged" online case status.
Immigrant maybe have accents , but we are not stupid. Online case status is a Joke !
Any more people with experiences with case status online are welcome to post here.
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Fingerprints

Do they update the case status for fingerprints? Will the online status say that theyve mailed the fingerprint letter or will it just show an update of the case status date. My last online update was in 04/08/05. Since then the status has not changed at all.

IT should change , yes

FoxyIdiot said:
Do they update the case status for fingerprints? Will the online status say that theyve mailed the fingerprint letter or will it just show an update of the case status date. My last online update was in 04/08/05. Since then the status has not changed at all.
Foxy,
Yes, it should change when they mail you the FP notice. Usually, the USCIS changes the "last update " field once they issue the priority date, once they mail the FP notice, and finally, once they mail the interview notice letter. After that, the file leave the service center, which is connected to the status, going to the district office, then, all the electronic and online connecection freeze!

good luck

My DO does not update status

My DO is Albany, NY. I have interview next month. Until this day, I am not able to check my status online. On my last infopass appt to the local DO, I asked the lady if the status will ever show up online and she said the N400 application will never show up online.

The only way I check the status is to make infopass appt and visiting local DO.

the same here. I did my interview two months, but I was never able to check my case online. It never showed up the web site.

Steve_Houston said:
the same here. I did my interview two months, but I was never able to check my case online. It never showed up the web site.

my receipt number never shown up online from the date i received the notice of receipt :(

however, i received my finger print notice on 4/14/2005 for 4/27/2005 appt. go figure :( :confused: