Case Status online - anyone with this experience? Please share

aspiringcitizen

Registered Users (C)
It seems like either I have a new series of numbers, or, something else is the matter.

I recently filed my N-400 with the VSC and received the NOA letter.

The number starts with ESC and the case status is not available online.

The online message quotes EAC and not ESC as one of the possible numbers.

Anyone else with a similar experience please share.

My timeline is:

02/09/06 : N-400 mailed to VSC
02/10/06 : N-400 VSC Received Date
02/10/06 : N-400 VSC Priority Date
02/15/06 : Check Cashed Date
02/19/06 : N-400 VSC Notice Date
02/22/06 : N-400 NOA VSC Mailed Date
02/24/06 : N-400 NOA Received by me Date

I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions on checking the case status online.

Here is the USCIS message on the web page after I entered my receipt number:

Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application.

aspiringcitizen said:
It seems like either I have a new series of numbers, or, something else is the matter.

My timeline is:

I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions on checking the case status online.

Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application.

Probably is to early, you should wait a little bit more.

I have recently submitted my application to California Service Center (DO Sacramento). I can't check my status online either.

My time line so far:
01/28/06 : N-400 mailed to CSC
01/31/06 : N-400 CSC Received Date
01/31/06 : N-400 CSC Priority Date
02/03/06 : Check Cashed Date
02/08/06 : N-400 CSC Notice Date
02/10/06 : N-400 Receipt Notice received

My receipt number starts with WSC*00...

aspiringcitizen said:

My timeline is:

wait for atleast 3-4 weeks from the time they deposit your check.
You can also try calling their customer service no and inquire about
the same. (though this number is pretty much useless beyond knowing
this information..just FYI..)

Thanks for the feedback

I appreciate the feedback given by you all. I'll keep checking periodically and post any updates here.

Thanks again.

I also have the same issue....Two numbers

one with SSC* on the Top left and one with SSC$ in the bottom left corner.

The normal numbers are SRC* I believe. Maybe these application are being sent to a secondary processing center and the key to that Service Center might be the second number. That sounds logical. But is it good or bad, is the question. We can only wait and see. I will hope for the good. Lord help me.

Hey maryvams.
I too have 2 different numbers. One starts with SSC and the one on the bottom starts with SSC$

When I run them on USCIS website. SSC says you applied XXX, it is taking blah blah blah to process your case.

SSC$ (I run it as SSC*) says The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Blah Blah Blah....

aspiringcitizen said:
I appreciate the feedback given by you all. I'll keep checking periodically and post any updates here.

Thanks again.
Dude, I totally understand your anxiousness to see the status online. As others have already told you, I would like to reiterate that this status thing is the most useless item in the world. Don't bet anything on its accuracy. I would not be surprised if you got your fingerprint notice even before any status showed up.

aspiringcitizen said:

My timeline is:

I heard that the status is no longer available if they send the file to the district office. If you go to the INS web site, you'll see they have two ways of checking the status of a N-400 application. They say the cutoff between the two ways is "if you have been scheduled for a naturalization interview". After that, the case status is no longer available online. In my case, I have priority date of 1/12. I entered the receipt number on USCIS web site the moment I received it. I was able to see it. I fingerprinted on 2/11. But if I look now in my portfolio on the web site, it says that "Last Updated" is 2/23. If I click on the receipt number, it gives me the same message as yours. I WAS secheduled for a naturalization interview on 2/16, but it was canceled on 2/19. Hope this helps...

Don't believe the online system

I totally agree with mpotturi and JoeF - the online thing is a farce. I have checked my status online *every* day since I received the receipt number and it has always shown up as "Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found". I even finished getting fingerprinted a couple of weeks back but it made no difference to the online status.

And here's a little joke from USCIS' case status FAQ:

# How often is the case status information on this site updated?
The case status information on this site is updated regularly throughout the business day. If any action is taken regarding your case, the change will be reflected on this site within a few minutes of the action-taking place.

Sam

The online system is a huge joke. Even if your case is accessible online, take it with a huge grain of salt, or maybe even just ignore it.

As everyone can see, from signature, I got naturalized on March 03, 2006 in Los Angeles.

In November 2005 badly advised by my ex-lawyer :D I've applied second time for Naturalization, from my new adress in Oregon.

When I finally got the clearance from FBI in January 2006, I sent to CIS a renunciation letter regarding my second N-400.

On 03.05.2005 the Status on line for second N-400 disappeared.

OK guys, let's bet:

I bet that I'll get an interview letter in the mail pretty soon :D :D :D

Any bets?

INS seems to be good at avoiding 'double jeopardy'

Few years ago when the I 140 and the I485 process had to be filed separaely,
I got my EAD after filing 485. At the end of 1 year, which is the expiration of the EAD, I applied 30 days in advance for a renewal of the EAD since my greed card application was in process. I almost freaked out when I saw the letter of denial for my EAD renewal, but, jumped with joy when I saw the reason for denial - Green Card was approved, hence they would not renew my EAD. Eventually (after 35 days) I received the formal approval notice for the Green Card.

I guess in your case (Suzy977) they will realize at some point that they have already approved your citizenship (congrats!!! By the way).

My timeline:
03/01/06 : FP Letter VSC Notice date
03/02/06 : FP Letter VSC Mailed Date
03/06/06 : FP Letter Received by me Date
03/17/06 : FP Appointment

How did you find out status

I am in the same boat. MY status disappeared around 2/22. When go to my protfolio, it says last updated 2/23. My wife's case says last updated 2/27 and she got her letter around 2/22. I wanted to know how you found out about your interview was scheduled and then cancelled again. I called the number (from status page), and the lady said she had no more information.

raduilie said:
I heard that the status is no longer available if they send the file to the district office. If you go to the INS web site, you'll see they have two ways of checking the status of a N-400 application. They say the cutoff between the two ways is "if you have been scheduled for a naturalization interview". After that, the case status is no longer available online. In my case, I have priority date of 1/12. I entered the receipt number on USCIS web site the moment I received it. I was able to see it. I fingerprinted on 2/11. But if I look now in my portfolio on the web site, it says that "Last Updated" is 2/23. If I click on the receipt number, it gives me the same message as yours. I WAS secheduled for a naturalization interview on 2/16, but it was canceled on 2/19. Hope this helps...

reddy_99 said:
I am in the same boat. MY status disappeared around 2/22. When go to my protfolio, it says last updated 2/23. My wife's case says last updated 2/27 and she got her letter around 2/22. I wanted to know how you found out about your interview was scheduled and then cancelled again. I called the number (from status page), and the lady said she had no more information.
They sent me the interview letter (dated 2/16) and then three days later a "deschedule notice" (dated 2/19). Since then, nothing. Same thing with customer service, no more information.

status

My application status disappeared from website. It says last updated 2/23/06. I never got a interview letter. What dows this mean.