Case Status Inquiry

rpan

Registered Users (C)
Lately(3 or 4 days back),my attorney initiated an inquiry on my pending I140 application.Soon after the inquiry LUD changed on both my I140/485 applciations for two consecutive days.Yesterday,I received a notice from USCIS indicating that my attorney contacted their office for case status inquiry.Status on the notice is 'Pending Review'. Is that the status of inquiry or the status of my pending application. Any one have any similar experiences.Please post it here.

EB3 Concurrent(140/485),Pending(IL)
RD 10/09/2003.

Unfortunately I do not have answer to your question, but instead had a question for you :)

How did your lawyer manage to initiate an inquiry, because our lawyer told us that he can initiate inquiry only after the offical processing date is 30 days past our ND.

Looking at your ND of 10/9, which is not 30 days prior to the posted processing dates, I'm keen to understand if there is a way we even can initiate an inquiry.

Thanks for any guidance.

Kashish

rpan said:
Lately(3 or 4 days back),my attorney initiated an inquiry on my pending I140 application.Soon after the inquiry LUD changed on both my I140/485 applciations for two consecutive days.Yesterday,I received a notice from USCIS indicating that my attorney contacted their office for case status inquiry.Status on the notice is 'Pending Review'. Is that the status of inquiry or the status of my pending application. Any one have any similar experiences.Please post it here.

EB3 Concurrent(140/485),Pending(IL)
RD 10/09/2003.

kashish said:
Unfortunately I do not have answer to your question, but instead had a question for you :)

How did your lawyer manage to initiate an inquiry, because our lawyer told us that he can initiate inquiry only after the offical processing date is 30 days past our ND.

Looking at your ND of 10/9, which is not 30 days prior to the posted processing dates, I'm keen to understand if there is a way we even can initiate an inquiry.

Thanks for any guidance.

Kashish

I contacted my attorney when the reported processing date was Dec-11-2003.So she agreed to call USCIS.But the actual inquiry was made after the backdating, to Aug-31!.

Also,I felt that my attorney didn't like the idea of an inquiry as she indicated about the wait time in the queue to talk to the USCIS rep.

Thanks for your reply, appreciate.

Kashish

rpan said:
I contacted my attorney when the reported processing date was Dec-11-2003.So she agreed to call USCIS.But the actual inquiry was made after the backdating, to Aug-31!.

Also,I felt that my attorney didn't like the idea of an inquiry as she indicated about the wait time in the queue to talk to the USCIS rep.