Case Status and NVC

kkimm02

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys -

How long it usually takes for an approved I-140 to be transferred to NVC and how much more waiting time would be for the PK3 -

I read some posts that NVC's phone message won't change after you send your PK3 back, but how to find out case status and dates as those people have listed on CPTracker?

Typically 2 to 3 weeks. In most cases I140 will reach NVC in weeks time. Another 2 more weeks to create and send out P3 to you. You can check with operator directly. Dial some invalid receipt no.. AVM will connect you to operator.

thanks Saradao - but is there such a thing about a letter asking if you "really" want to go CP or AOS since you already in the US?

Can I call them and ask them just to send the PK3, to save some time, this letter would obviously delay the process...

thanks Saradao - but is there such a thing about a letter asking if you "really" want to go CP or AOS since you already in the US?

Rule position is not clear (atleast to me) for sending out AOS/CP option letter. But if your I-140 file contains G-28, and attorney is the agent you may directly recive P3 with AOS/CP option letter. I don't know if somebody got AOS/CP option letter even with G-28. You can try requesting them to send P3 directly.

I don't know if somebody got AOS/CP option letter even with G-28. I did..

So one in line already.... Moulin!!!

Moulin Rouge - how long does it take for NVC to process the letter? If there is a G-28 attached, does it mean they "should" send PK3 without the option letter first?

What is G-28 ? Basically I am waiting for NVC to send Packet 3,
my lawyer recvd AOS/CP letter on 7/19 and mailed a response
(indicating CP) to them on 7/22. NVC says they still haven't recvd
it and in my conversations with NVC operators (3-4 separate
occasions) that it takes 10-15 days to process the response and
a further 2 weeks to send pkt3 ??... I said that I would fax them
a copy of the letter, but the operator insisted that they would
wait for the letter in the mail... ..... Anybody faced a similar
situation? ......... I've noticed that some ppl. get pkt3 without this
delay block in the middle....??

regd P3

i sent the ds3032 in july 12th, nvc recieved it on july 16th and they mentioned today that they created P 3 on aug 5th. too much time lag. operator had no idea if it was sent or when it when it will sent.

What is G-28 ? Basically I am waiting for NVC to send Packet 3,

I got P3 with AOS/Cp option. I believe I did nothing extra for this while filing for I-140..

AOS /CP Letter

Originally posted by kkimm02

Can I call them and ask them just to send the PK3, to save some time, this letter would obviously delay the process...

My I-140 got approved on July 12. Since I had mentioned I want CP during my application for 140, all my information/file was forward to NVC-Portsmouth-NH. They sent me a letter on July 30 asking to confirm if I want to do AOS or CP. This letter is send to you if you currently live in US. They also already assigned me a CASE NO. Further mentioned if they do not hear from me in 30 days from the date of notice, my information will automatically be send to the Consulate abroad. (Mumbai).

The letter went to my attroney (actually my ex-attorney). He was screwing up my case badly and I changed my attorney for my I-140 and beyond. Actually, I refiled for my I-140.

G-28 is a form which informs the INS that the attorney has changed and to update their records as such.

Hope this helps.

I-140 to Pkt-3

My I-140 was approved on 16th of July and yet to receive pkt-3. Called NVC this morning,the operator said it would reach my attorney's office witin 2-3 weeks.:cool:

Ranen,

Which is your consulate? whats ur email.. if you dont mind. we could probably work together.

Re: AOS /CP Letter

Originally posted by rawager

My I-140 got approved on July 12. Since I had mentioned I want CP during my application for 140, all my information/file was forward to NVC-Portsmouth-NH. They sent me a letter on July 30 asking to confirm if I want to do AOS or CP. This letter is send to you if you currently live in US. They also already assigned me a CASE NO. Further mentioned if they do not hear from me in 30 days from the date of notice, my information will automatically be send to the Consulate abroad. (Mumbai).

The letter went to my attroney (actually my ex-attorney). He was screwing up my case badly and I changed my attorney for my I-140 and beyond. Actually, I refiled for my I-140.

G-28 is a form which informs the INS that the attorney has changed and to update their records as such.

Hope this helps.
rawager,
What is your consulate. Mine is chennai...

Re: Re: AOS /CP Letter

Originally posted by saradao

rawager,
What is your consulate. Mine is chennai...

Hi Saradao,
Mine i Mumbai. I don't think neither of me and my attorney got any letter for the confirmation for AOS/CP. I never specifically ask him regarding the letter of course. Like u i too opted for CP in I-140. Anyway, I'm going to ask him specifically for the letter u mentioned.
Thanks heaps and best of luck !!
Ranen

I am changing

Saradao/Rannen

My consulate is supposed to be Mumbai. However, I am changing to AOS. Didn't want to take the risk (although most cases are a positive) and also spend that extra load of money for me and my wife to go to India on unpaid leave.

Best luck to you guys.

Re: I am changing

Originally posted by rawager
Saradao/Rannen

My consulate is supposed to be Mumbai. However, I am changing to AOS. Didn't want to take the risk (although most cases are a positive) and also spend that extra load of money for me and my wife to go to India on unpaid leave.

Best luck to you guys.
Good luck.... Yes you can save some money too...