case pending I-89

too_long

Registered Users (C)
after many inquiries, I got a letter from TSC saying that my I-485 is pending I-89, and that I should go to the local office bring Passport, birth certificate photos, and copies of the letter.
anyone knows whats this about? i feel i am so close though

Fp?

Not sure what I-89 is. But it looks like your finger print is expired. Maybe it's related to FP? Just a guess.

wow too long- you must be he oldest case on the board now right?- RD?ND in 2001, I thought we had moved all of those cases off apart from those with MTR.

you have my sympathies.

I think it is approval

too_long said:
after many inquiries, I got a letter from TSC saying that my I-485 is pending I-89, and that I should go to the local office bring Passport, birth certificate photos, and copies of the letter.
anyone knows whats this about? i feel i am so close though

I-89 is data collection form that is filled up by the officer at the time of stamping. They will get your index finger printing on that which will appear on GC. It looks like case is approved and calling you for stamping.

But i am hearing this kind of message first time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope its true, I called the 800 number and they told me the same, it is approved and the I-89 is to get the plastic card.
it does not make sense to me though, i did my FP in June 03 which means it expired in Sep 04. In october 04 they responded to a previous inquiry saying application is pending. it means if it was approved, that would be after oct 04, when my FP already expired.
i think TSC felt they really pushed too far this time and they are ganna fix it. RD of 8/01 pending when processing times are 12/02 is really way too much

did early FP

ihack1 said:
too_long,
Try early FP. they might allow it given your loooooooooong wait
I went to do early FP, and showed them my I-485 receipt, TSC letter, first FP notice, info pass appointement. The supervisor was nice (or did not want to understand all the paper work) and said ok, but we dont really allow that, only this time
so hopefully FBI would clear my FP and i will be done soon

Hi Too-long,
Where did you do your FP? In New Orleans? Thank you so much!

Peter2
ND7/10/02
FP2/16/05

its in dallas. I dont think I would be allowed to do early FP without these complications (2001 ND, letter to go to local ins office, and a nice manager who understood my frustration with the very long wait)