Case pending due to background check - FBI cleared it on 5-Nov-2010?

you should be ok.try to make an another infopass in two weeks and see if you can talk to one the supervisor.although i am sure they won't tell you any thing new or useful, but sometimes all you need is a request from some one to push your case forward. good luck .

Yes, I went to India and bangkok after filing N400 but my wife didn't go anywhere and have no name change, she is also stuck like me. I'm more worried about her as she is about to lose her job.
how was yuour case resolved , i am in the same situation as you

you should be ok.try to make an another infopass in two weeks and see if you can talk to one the supervisor.although i am sure they won't tell you any thing new or useful, but sometimes all you need is a request from some one to push your case forward. good luck .
We completed our asylum interview on January 2019 in Chicago AO. In early December 2019, we did an inquiry via congressmen to know about our case. They replied 1 month later that our case is pending background check clearance. We are from one of the traveled ban countries and in legal status and keep staying in the US from entering the US( almost 3 years).
I was wondering whether background check happens after they reached an approval decision or first do a background check and later decide approve or deny.
My second question is whether I can ask my congressmen to contact the FBI to know they finished the background check or not. Or in general how I can know what the stage of our case. (does the telephone number mentioned here still work for asking about background check status?)