• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Case number too high?

ik20

Registered Users (C)
A friend of mine won DV-2011. Her case number is too high (EU29xxx). I looked at visa bulletin since 2007, and her number could be current anywhere between June and August. Although she is already in the US, AOS won't work because of the high number. So she wants to do Consular Processing.

I have two questions. First one, is it possible that because of such high case number she won't even get an interview? Second, when on visa bulletin, say in August, all DV case numbers are current, is it possible that 50,000 visas are already filled and she won't be able to get a visa?

Thank you so much for your opinions. This forum has been very helpful when I was a DV winner back 2007.

Regards,
IK

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

A new question: I have EU20xxx. Is it also too hight to do AOS? I'm also in the United States. Don't we have time until September 2011 to file I-485?

Thank you

Hello I am from Asia Jordan, dv 2010 winner. I have exactly the same case number and I am still waiting my case to be current some where on Augest or July, my Advice to you to let your friend do cp because she can make it in cp, but another thing for me I get really tired of waiting and thinking since I won this lottery, every month I get crazy when I found my nu,ber not yet current, so let your friend to be relax and I think she will make it

Hello good people I am a complete novice with the DV process but I've been lucky and have been selected albeit with a high case number of 2011AF00088XXX. could those of you more familiar with the DV process please help me get a feel of my chances given this high case number.

Hello good people I am a complete novice with the DV process but I've been lucky and have been selected albeit with a high case number of 2011AF00088XXX. could those of you more familiar with the DV process please help me get a feel of my chances given this high case number.

Hmmmmmm, this is a delicate issue especially when I consider your CN. In fact it's not known if someone with such a high CN has made it or such a CN becoming current, but who knows you could still go through and receive your GC. No way with AOS but rather CP. Wish your CN becomes current and you succeed in the end.

your number is current for a few months mike? you should have had contact from KCC or The selected embassy?

Hi,

A new question: I have EU20xxx. Is it also too hight to do AOS? I'm also in the United States. Don't we have time until September 2011 to file I-485?

Thank you

your number is current for a few months mike? you should have had contact from KCC or The selected embassy?
Hi,

I don't know when it will be current. I think it will be current in April or May. If it becomes current in May is EU20xxx too hight number to do AOS? Thanks in advance

Mike

Mike, your number became current in February as you can see from the Visa bulletin , you should contact KCC asap to see what is the delay in your case

Hi,

I don't know when it will be current. I think it will be current in April or May. If it becomes current in May is EU20xxx too hight number to do AOS? Thanks in advance

Mike

Kevin, I didn't understand what should ask to KCC? Delay between my current month and visa appointment?

Answer

Mike, are you dv2010 or 2011 winner? If you are 2011 winner, then your number will be current next year.

I'm still waiting for answers to my original questions on this thread from the forum pros...

Thanks.

I'm a 2011 winner ik20. I know it will be current sometime next year. I just must be in a legal status in the States at my visa appointment. And, my visa will expire in June next year!!! :(

When your visa expires you can just go back home and do a consular processing in June next year. Your number is not that high, and as long as you have never fallen out of status in the US, you should have no problem getting the visa via CP.

When your visa expires you can just go back home and do a consular processing in June next year. Your number is not that high, and as long as you have never fallen out of status in the US, you should have no problem getting the visa via CP.

If I decide to go back my home country to do CP after my visa expires, shouldn't I let KCC know about it at that time? If so, How can I do that? Because, if I choose BCIS now (in DS 122) US Embassy in Turkey will not schedule an appointment for me. Because I'm doing AOS.

Thank you

A friend of mine won DV-2011. Her case number is too high (EU29xxx). I looked at visa bulletin since 2007, and her number could be current anywhere between June and August. Although she is already in the US, AOS won't work because of the high number. So she wants to do Consular Processing.

I have two questions. First one, is it possible that because of such high case number she won't even get an interview? Second, when on visa bulletin, say in August, all DV case numbers are current, is it possible that 50,000 visas are already filled and she won't be able to get a visa?

Thank you so much for your opinions. This forum has been very helpful when I was a DV winner back 2007.

Regards,
IK

First One: Technically yes, if they think the demand was sooooo high initially then the later numbers wont become current (happens to Africa), but EU has always been lucky, so do not worry,
Second: Technically possible as well, but they have never filled 55k after late 90s I think. So ...do not worry about that as well !!

First One: Technically yes, if they think the demand was sooooo high initially then the later numbers wont become current (happens to Africa), but EU has always been lucky, so do not worry,
Second: Technically possible as well, but they have never filled 55k after late 90s I think. So ...do not worry about that as well !!

Thanks for the answer!

If I decide to go back my home country to do CP after my visa expires, shouldn't I let KCC know about it at that time? If so, How can I do that? Because, if I choose BCIS now (in DS 122) US Embassy in Turkey will not schedule an appointment for me. Because I'm doing AOS.

Thank you

I think there is a way to change from AOS to CP. Search those terms, there should be answer somewhere in this forum.

I think there is a way to change from AOS to CP. Search those terms, there should be answer somewhere in this forum.

I don't what I'm doing wrong. I've searched AOS to CP, AOS, CP or any other keywords, but no results come up. I've even tried advanced search. How can I search a keyword in the forum?

Thank you

If your CN is not current you can send KCC email to change from AOS to CP. You do that by informing KCC by email including the ff details: your name, date of birth, case number, and the City (country) where you would like to have your interview.

On the other hand, if your CN is current then it means that an interview has been already schedule for you and in that case you need to contact the embassy where you wish to have your interview to contact KCC/USCIS to transfer your file to them.

If your CN is not current you can send KCC email to change from AOS to CP. You do that by informing KCC by email including the ff details: your name, date of birth, case number, and the City (country) where you would like to have your interview.

On the other hand, if your CN is current then it means that an interview has been already schedule for you and in that case you need to contact the embassy where you wish to have your interview to contact KCC/USCIS to transfer your file to them.

Is there a deadline to send in the 230 forms to KCC? I mean if I choose AOS than would like to do CP what's the latest time that I must inform KCC? When will KCC forward my documents to USCIS? I'm guessing that it will be difficult to switch to CP if USCIS get my documents from KCC? Am I right?

Hmmmmmm, this is a delicate issue especially when I consider your CN. In fact it's not known if someone with such a high CN has made it or such a CN becoming current, but who knows you could still go through and receive your GC. No way with AOS but rather CP. Wish your CN becomes current and you succeed in the end.

Glad to meet you Ammeck and congratulations for your success, wow.. Gonna pray with AF88K and let's trust God that indeed, she/he will be selected. Am from Uganda and my CN is AF2011AF00041XXX. Am anxious too, wondering when I will get my 2nd NL. Ameeck, since your number was not so far from mine, do u think I may tentatively get it around March too? And how early shd we start chasing for Police certs? Can I do them in advance>?

Last edited by a moderator: