Case not updated after interview

PhillyUSCIS

Registered Users (C)
I had filed my citizenship in Jan/2009. I had my interview at local Philadelphia office on May/12/2009. On the day of the interview their computer system was down, so they conducted the entire process manually on paper. On passing the interview they told me that as soon as the system was up they will update my record and schedule the oath. It's Jan/2010 now and I have no update.
I called up USCIS and the message says that the interview has been scheduled. But I have already finished the interview. Called USCIS and also scheduled Infopass, without any help. Everytime they ask me wait for 30 days and nothing happens.
Please help. What do I do next to help resolve this matter. Thanks :)

You should schedule an infopath and go talk to someone. The case status rarely gets updated after an interview is conducted. For most people, who have gotten their oath, the case status and computer recording (when calling USCIS) still says that they are scheduled for an interview. My status still shows scheduled for an interview even though my Oath is this week. I would not be hung up on the online status.

You should schedule an infopath talk to someone, tell them about the computer problem, ask them what is going on, then write a letter to all the different folks about the delay in the decision, and if all else fails, file a lawsuite.

Thanks for your response. It makes me feel better about the automated message.

I had scheduled an Infopath in Sept, but they did not have any additional information....in fact tehyw ere very rude to me and would not help me when I tried to explain the issue about the computer system being down. But I will try to schedule another Infopath. I did send out am email to the local senator...waiting to hear from them.

Thanks!!

I had filed my citizenship in Jan/2009. I had my interview at local Philadelphia office on May/12/2009. On the day of the interview their computer system was down, so they conducted the entire process manually on paper. On passing the interview they told me that as soon as the system was up they will update my record and schedule the oath. It's Jan/2010 now and I have no update.
I called up USCIS and the message says that the interview has been scheduled. But I have already finished the interview. Called USCIS and also scheduled Infopass, without any help. Everytime they ask me wait for 30 days and nothing happens.
Please help. What do I do next to help resolve this matter. Thanks :)

Did the IO during the interview give any form indicating that he/she approved your petition? They don't need a computer to issue that form. It is paper based and they check the box on the form and sign it. If you got that, take that to a lawyer and also contact your local senator. I am assuming you also got a copy of your IL.

You should contact the USCIS ombudsmen office. You should send a letter threatening to sue them if they do not make a decision right away. Other folks who have done that, got movement on their case and got their application approved.

You should contact the USCIS ombudsmen office. You should send a letter threatening to sue them if they do not make a decision right away. Other folks who have done that, got movement on their case and got their application approved.

If the case is complicated especially if the applicant did something wrong in the past even though wrongdoing does not cause ineligibiltiy, the applicants can be very reluctant to contact ombusdman/senator/house representive etc. They may fear no one is simpathetic to them and USCIS may reprise
agains then if they sue USCIS and deny teh case that would rather be approved if tha applicant wait patiently

But once you sue, USCIS looses jurisdiction over your case and only a fedral judge can deny the case, so no need to worry that USCIS will retaliate if you sue them. I guess they might retaliate if you threaten to sue them, so maybe sueing is better than threatening to sue... humm....

But once you sue, USCIS looses jurisdiction over your case and only a fedral judge can deny the case, so no need to worry that USCIS will retaliate if you sue them. I guess they might retaliate if you threaten to sue them, so maybe sueing is better than threatening to sue... humm....

Who said if you sue the case will be decided by court? Maybe it is just the court ordered USCIS to immidietly make a decision but USCIS still hold the power to decide what kind of decision they make

Thank you all for your response.

I wrote to the Senators office again and also filled out the form ombudsman. I will try to setup another info pass.

Please let me know if anyone has been in a similar situation and how they resolved it.

Negative response from ombudsman's office...please HELP!!!

I had written to the local senator and their response was that I have to just wait until my case is resolved.

I then reached out to the Ombudsman's office and yesterday received a negative response from them as well. They stated that my case was under review and the local Philadelphia field office will contact me once it is resolved.

I have never even received a driving ticket. Not sure what the issue is.

What do I do next? Should I sue them? Please help

Is it possible that your name check is pending (not finger printing results, but the name check)?

I had written to the local senator and their response was that I have to just wait until my case is resolved.

I then reached out to the Ombudsman's office and yesterday received a negative response from them as well. They stated that my case was under review and the local Philadelphia field office will contact me once it is resolved.

I have never even received a driving ticket. Not sure what the issue is.

What do I do next? Should I sue them? Please help

Did you receive the N-652 form from the interviewing officer indicating the status of the interview? I am not sure you replied to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Initially they told me that they were waiting for FBI name check, but now they say it is under review.

And yes, the interviewing office gave me a form and marked that I had cleared the interview. I forget the form number.

Initially they told me that they were waiting for FBI name check, but now they say it is under review.

And yes, the interviewing office gave me a form and marked that I had cleared the interview. I forget the form number.[/QUO

You forgot the form number? You can look for it and post it here right?

There should be the officer's name on that form. Write a letter to that officer reminding him/her what he/she told during the interview and nothing happned after that. Enclose a copy of that form. Make sure you keep that form with you all the time in a safe place until your case is resolved. After writing a letter, wait for 3 weeks and find from Infopass if there is any update. If the status remains the same, then approach a lawyer with the copy of that form.