under review and call us back if you do not hear anything in the next 60
days.

My details :
       PD -- May 1997
      RD -- Aug 1999
     Nd -- Sep 15, 1999
     FP -- Aug 2000
      No RFE , Under review, with an officer
     Company name changed before filing I-485, but after I-140 approval.

Do you have any idea, why it is still under review? I would
appreciate if you share your thoughts.
   Thanks

No Title

I am still here
ND Sept 17 , EB2 India
RFE REceived by INS on Feb16 , employment letter
still waiting....

No Title

Hi Vscaug98,
    Yours is different from mine. You are waiting after the completion of looking at your files. You have received RFE. But in my case, Officer is still looking at it. No RFE. Nothing.
      It is very frustrating.
  Thanks

No Title

I am in the same boat.
PD Apr/98
RD Aug/99
ND Sep/99
FP JUL/00
NO RFE
Under review/Hold.
Talked to IIO couple of times. Last time I called, They are saying, They are waiting for New regulations from Washington related to AC21(2045 rule). Looks like they are treating company name change cases as 180 days rule(You can change company after 180 days), that is why they are relating these cases to AC21. AC21 regulations are not published yet by INS. Looks like nobody knows when they are going to release regulations for AC21. This LAW was signed allmost 6 months back and stil they are not ready to implement....
First of all why they are relating company name changes to AC21 rule...

No Title

Hi, mogaram

same story here nd 9/99 company name change after 485 called ins 4 times since january they were saying case is pending or with an officer call back after 3 weeks or 6 weeks etc. they never told me it is on hold due to company name change. not sure whats going on there.

No Title

Hi Super Star,
    Thanks for your information.
     Did they say specifically in your case, it is \'under review/Hold\' ?

In my case, They are not saying expilicitily that it is under \'Hold\'. I too did not mention to them about the company change .
  What I am worried about is either the officer has misplaced it or still he is taking a look at it?

Any thoughts?

No Title

Hi J123,
    Thanks. I was really worried I am the only one having this kind of problem. So it is not unique. Really your answer is relieving some pain. We are suffering for no fault of us.

Thanks again

No Title

Same here. They had been telling me it is pending/being reviewed by an officer for the past three months. They never told me
it is due to company name change.
PD 12/96, RD 8/99 ND 8/99 EB3 INDIA.

No Title

In my case, the IIO told me all company name chage cases are on hold. I told IIO that my compnay just changed the name, not Tax id change. As I said in the previous message, they are waiting for New regulations to come from Washington.

No Title

Hi All,
   Thank you so much for sharing your information with me. my theory goes like this. When a case is assigned to an officer,the default status could be \'Under review/with officer\'. The case status is updated the officer at different point in time to help the IIO. It depends upon the officer who handles the cases. Some officers put these type of cases under \'Hold\' and others just leave it without updating the status. I may be wrong.

Wish all good luck and hope we all to get out this mess as quickly as possible.

Thanks again

No Title

We are in the same boat. RD Aug 99 ND Sep 99 EB2 with PD always current
We were told the case is under review since Dec 2000. It has been with officer for
almost 4 months and we must have called IIO at VSC atleast 10 times. Every time they
tell us that case is under review and pl wait for a couple of weeks. How long should we wait?

No Title

Hi All,

We are also in the same boat - (RD/ND Aug/Sep PD-Current) case with officer since Dec 2000 - no news yet. Whenever we call the only thing that the IIO says is that "You are gonna have to wait". And just as Mogoram, I too did not mention about the company name change. And it is true why are they relating company name changes to AC21 rule??? Does not make any sense...

2 weeks ago I got an IIO who was atleast ready to have conversation with me ( this is after getting to talk to real rude ones before ). She said that she would call me after finding why this issue is taking so long - no news from her either.

So all in all we have to wait - no reason given on why or how long. Again in our case even writing to a senator was of absolutely no use.

Hope this torturous wait gets over soon ....

Shraddha.

No Title

Guys,
Please write to your senotors explaining the situation. If your ND is before October 99 and your PD is current/ no approval and company name has changed, please do not wait for an IIO to tell you that it is a name change case. The more letters we get out, the better our chances. Please mention that only VSC is following this hold course.
Get some action. Go to congress.org, get your senotors address by entering your zip code and please send those letters. Thanks

No Title

Hi vsc9909,

I completely agree with you. We did write to senator about 2 months ago and they informed us that they have forwarded our request to the VSC director...Still to hear anything further.

Shraddha.

No Title

Same here. RD 9/99, ND 9/99. company name change, no RFE. I called 4 times since Feb, all the time I got the same answer. "It is with an officer and there are no other updates".

No Title

Hi All,

My company\'s name changed after I submitted I-485. My lawyer redo I-140 and got it approved and got RFE and replied.

Dilip

EB2, ND 10/99, FP 3/3/01

No Title

Mogaram - Check with IIO that the officer hasn\'t requested any further information (With in INS) example Requesting I-140 from NVC if your I-140 was approved for consular processing. Depends on IIO they can email the officer and ask for the reason. In my case I was also hearing that case is under review from January onwards. Got approved last week. Company name changed. EB-3->Eb-2. EB2 with new comapny name.