Case is approved... BJSR

BJSR

Registered Users (C)
Dear All,
I just called the IIO and she said that my case is just approved today. I can\'t believe the news. She said I should be receiving the approval notice in 7 days. I was expecting the approval sometime in April-May but is approved today the 30th. 30th has been a lucky number for me in many cases.
I have applied for my labour in EB3, RIR on 1/98 and got my I-140 done Sept 99. Applied for I-485 on 9/22/99 and never looked in to my case until Feb 2001, when I got my finger prints notice. In the meantime my attorney has applied my case in EB2(PD 3/99) and got the I-140 approved in Feb 2001. Company name was changed in 2000 and was worried about this lately that I may get a REF. Attorney requested my case to be transferred to EB2 in Feb 2001. Did FP on 2/21/01. Checked the FP status after couple of days with FBI. FP were optical and FBI said they look good. Got approval today.
I have been at one client all this time and I am almost near closing my project here at the client and now I see the approval.
I thank a lot all the good guys in this chat and will address my thanks to each one of you later.
Special Thanks to Bhanu Kuchibotla, metoo, conn485, myladoor, Rajiv Khanna...Oh god I don\'t remember other friendly guys here..I will post later. If mine is approved I am sure all the October/November cases are going to be approved at any time now.

I am here all the day to answer your questions.
Here are my details again:
EB3, INDIA PD 1/98,RD 9/23/99, ND 10/4/99,FP 2/21/01
Case transferred to EB2 , PD 1/99, ND is the same, Company name change.

No Title

I am not sure of it yet. I would know that when I receive my approval notice. But when I called the IIO a couple of weeks back she told me that my case is transferred to EB2 category.

No Title

Congrats!!! BJSR its good to see you go, did the AVM get updated for you, also did you file for relatives if any?(wife and children). Seems like people with relatives filings are getting slight delays.. Also it appears like only EB2\'s are getting approved right now.

No Title

I see in your posting company name , Is it the just name change or your company TAX ID also changed ,

When did your company changed the name , Is it after applying the I-485.

Can u please post the info.

Thanks

No Title

Hi Chutney,
Thanks. The AVM is not updated yet. Yes I filed for my wife too. I don\'t know the status of her application. We will call tomorrow to find the status of her case.

No Title

Yes our company name changed but the TAX ID is the same. They changed the company name after I filed my I-485. My EB2 I-140 has the new name though.

No Title

What is your company name. Is it because you applied new I-140 with the new company name, you didn\'t need to redo I-140 or they are not caring about only company name change (without any changes in TAX ID, management etc..).

No Title

Congrats! Seeing your post I called up VSC but no luck...still pending... 6 - 8 weeks :-( My ND is 10/22/99.

No Title

WOW! Congratulations! that is such a pleasant surprise.. just yesterday we were discussing the 180 day rule and today
you dont have to think about it anymore..
I am very happy for you..Hearty congratulations once again!

No Title

Congratulations BSJR,

it is well deserved and much more.. hope all the immigration related sufferings end immediately and wish you all the best for worry free life.

Bhanu

No Title

Congratulations!

It is nice to see people having their greencards after waiting so long. Enjoy your freedom.

-Bosco