Case in DO but name check still pending

WorkingMan06

Registered Users (C)
This is my timeline:
App received at TSC 07/10/06
FP 07/31/06
No interview yet

* I went for an infopass last month and was told that my case is at the local DO and that the system shows my name check pending since 07/31/06. Sympathetic officer but said they're not optimistic and advised me to seek legal help.
* Calls to CIS 1-800 didn't yield much. One agent told me that the DO is waiting until the end of the processing time (currently processing 07/20/06) to send me an interview letter?! That doesn't make any sense.
* I requested inquiries with both the US Rep and one of the senators. The other senator's aide asked me to give it a few months.

Question: Does the fact that my case is at the DO indicate progress?

Doesn't make sense

This is my timeline:
App received at TSC 07/10/06
FP 07/31/06
No interview yet

* I went for an infopass last month and was told that my case is at the local DO and that the system shows my name check pending since 07/31/06. Sympathetic officer but said they're not optimistic and advised me to seek legal help.
* Calls to CIS 1-800 didn't yield much. One agent told me that the DO is waiting until the end of the processing time (currently processing 07/20/06) to send me an interview letter?! That doesn't make any sense.
* I requested inquiries with both the US Rep and one of the senators. The other senator's aide asked me to give it a few months.

Question: Does the fact that my case is at the DO indicate progress?

As far as I know, service centers do not send the files to district offices until name check is completed, at least this is the case with my application. It has been at the Texas service center since i filed N400. Even they do send it to DO, and you do have the interview, you'll still have to wait.
The most important thing is getting your name cleared somehow.
Good luck.

Sympathetic officer but said they're not optimistic and advised me to seek legal help.

:confused:

I would be more concerned about that quote from the IO. Why didn't you ask him why he felt you needed "legal" help? Is there something he knows that you don't?