Case delayed letter

psinNJ

Registered Users (C)
I'd requested a service request with a NCSC rep. on 12/13/07 inquiring why I'd not received my FP notice as yet. (I'd applied in June 2007 but missed out the FP fees which I 'd mailed in later). Today I got a response from VSC. It states that the processing of my case is delayed because of background investigation an I should wait 6 months before checking again. Doesn't this usually happen after the FP is done and after the interview? Here I've not even received my FP notice. Anyone else received such a letter from USCIS?

ehm 6 months for FP. What do they think..??
What is your DO? I haven't got mine too and I called them they said I need to wait for 175 days. This is make me sooo frustrated.

Is that true have background check before FP?
it is going to take them 6 months to do this background check and another background check for 6 months after FP and another 6 months after interview. This is so unfair...

I'd requested a service request with a NCSC rep. on 12/13/07 inquiring why I'd not received my FP notice as yet. (I'd applied in June 2007 but missed out the FP fees which I 'd mailed in later). Today I got a response from VSC. It states that the processing of my case is delayed because of background investigation an I should wait 6 months before checking again. Doesn't this usually happen after the FP is done and after the interview? Here I've not even received my FP notice. Anyone else received such a letter from USCIS?

I figuered two of afew checking they do. 1st is your finger print which clears out usually in 24 hours you don't get stuck with unless you finger's prints are not legible. 2nd, you name check which I think Lolali was stating that it will initiating even before they send you to FP. If you were in line for namecheck but you applied for N-400 and they knew they have to do a name check on you, they had to send it to FBI but I have no idea why you haven't received your FP.
I am sorry for your situation and I hope you will get something soon.

Good Luck

Name check does not happen after the interview. In fact, as of May 2006 there is a USCIS internal policy NOT to schedule interviews without clearing required back ground checks. This is to reduce the litigation window for applicants since USCIS is obligated by law to adjudicate N-400s 120 days after a successful interview. You could be stuck in name check, as finger printing and FBI name check have nothing to do with one another. They are two separate checks.