Case assigned on Jan 2002!!!!!!!!!!!!

chiefcook2002

Registered Users (C)
I spoke to IIO today to find out about my case status. She said that my case is assigned in Jan 2002 & sitting in file room. She dosn't know the reason for that. She also took my phone said that she will give a call back to me.

I enquired that previous calls to IIO confirmed that case is pending until last two weeks ago & now she is telling that it is assigned almost one year back????? She didn't give a proper answer & she is very firm about my case is assigned in Jan 2002. What a sudden surprise? ???????Huhuhuuuuu!!!!!!!!!

ChiefCook

This IIO might have been smokin somethin when you called! I stopped believing in IIO's replies. IIO's have now clue what they are talking about. I think almost all IIO's are senile demented people (mostly immigrants) who work there for minimum wages. I suggest you to send a fax to INS to get a proper reply.

My take...

chiefcook2002,

"In the file room" means it is waiting to be assigned. I think in your case after FPs your case "Processing resumed in 01/2002" so, since then it is in that state only! We on this board use "assigned" word for a specific purpose to denote "Assigned to an officer for Adjucation" but it may not be a special word to an IIO! So probably one should ask IIO specifically like "Is my case assigned to an officer for adjucation?".

Since your case is past due based on JIT probably that IIO will talk to some one and make sure that your case will be assigned to an officer soon, and will call you and let you know about that. Note that for this to happend one had to send a fax inquiry for this to happen.

With best wishes
PCee

Thanks for reply.....

grassisgreen, PCee

thanks for your reply. I will followup with Attorney & enquire about the case status.

Question: How many of this forum get a phone reply from an IIO? I doubt they will call us back....:D :D

ChiefCook