card seems lost.

jyx

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I were approved last week. We received both notices last Friday, and received my wife's card last Monday, but not mine. I waited until today, and suspected my card may be lost somehow. Called NSC, and was told to wait for one month and file I-90 form to order a new card.

Does anyone have the same experience? How soon will I90 be processed? Any info is appreciated!

Did you get a "card mailed" email about your own card? If yes, when?

I-90 can take months to process. You'll have to get your passport stamped while you wait.

Cards getting lost or card with incorrection is very normal.

Just as the operator said, wait for 30 days and call them again. If they tell you that the card was returned or lost, then apply I90 with option "Card Lost".

This would take probably 3-4 months to get processed, as opposed to I90's with corrections in GC which would take anywhere between 3 months to 9 months.

In the mean time, you could go to your local Office and get I551 stamped on your Passport (with the receipt of I90). They may probably give you for six months.

Good luck
howdy_howdy
//

My wife and I were approved last week. We received both notices last Friday, and received my wife's card last Monday, but not mine. I waited until today, and suspected my card may be lost somehow. Called NSC, and was told to wait for one month and file I-90 form to order a new card.

Does anyone have the same experience? How soon will I90 be processed? Any info is appreciated!

Cards getting lost or card with incorrection is very normal.

Just as the operator said, wait for 30 days and call them again. If they tell you that the card was returned or lost, then apply I90 with option "Card Lost".
No. Reason "b" - card was never received - should be used.

Well, you could claim that the card was never received. But, USCIS would never accept that, as their system woudl show that the card was mailed to the applicant and there ends their responsibility.

Mostly likely the USCIS operator is going to tell "jyx" to send out I90 with "card lost" option.

Two years ago my wife faced the same situation. She never received the card but USCIS said they mailed it for sure and didn't accept our statement that it was never received. So, she had to send out I90 with "card lost" option and got her card within two months.

Good luck
howdy_howdy
//

No. Reason "b" - card was never received - should be used.

jyx
I think your wife is lucky to have received her card just one week after approval.

USCIS works in mysterious ways....they don't always process things in order they need to be processed...and don't always process family items together. I suggest you wait a few more weeks before filing I90.

Did you file through a lawyer...they might have used that address to mail the card. Other times they claim it was returned to them as undelivered mail, they will send it out again.