Card after I485 approved

arizonasun

Registered Users (C)
Our I485s including dependents were approved at 12/19/06 and notices are mailed today(12/26/06). The notice said in below.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The above application has been approved. Prior to receiving your permanent
resident card you may be required to report for biometrics processing (photo/
fingerprint/signature). Please do not take any action at this time.................
..... If you have not received your permanent resident card or the above mentioned notice to appear for biometrics processing within 90 days, please call this office at the number listed below.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
We already got biometrics(code-3) because these petitions are approved after biometrics are done. My case status has not changed to order card since cases were approved on 12/19/06 on CIS web site.
My question is do I need to wait until 90 days to get green card in hand?
Is there anybody who can share your experience with me?

EB2/RD(3/21/06, CSC-->TSC)/AD(12/19/06) and mailed notice(12/26/06)

Last edited by a moderator:
What does your online status states? If it states that the Cards have been mailed then you should not worry at all...You should be receiving your cards ina day or two.

Card is not ordered yet

Most of cases in this forum notice that they order card at the same time of approving and get card in mail within 1 week. But mine is different. My on-line status has not been changed since my case is approved. It just says approval notice sent. I am worried that I need to wait 3 months for another notice. If there are people who have similar experience and can share with me, it should help me.

Still waitig for a card!!

Hi,
My aplication was approved on 10/14/06 & I still didn't receive a card.
I called 3-times 1-800 number, but still didn't receive anything.
I'm just wonder what is going on.
Please share your experience.

Sincerely,
Alicja :)

what's the our status?

Hi Alicja,
Did you check your status on USCIS Case Status? Does it say Card is ordered or just approve notice sent? Mine is not changing, just approve notice sent.

Hey guys, I have several questions.
1) What's my status? Am I Permanent Resident?
2) Can I travel to out of US without plastic card?
3) Can I apply to Social Security Number without plastic card?
4) Can my spouse work without plastic card?

arizonasun said:
Hi Alicja,
Did you check your status on USCIS Case Status? Does it say Card is ordered or just approve notice sent? Mine is not changing, just approve notice sent.

1.status approved
2. If you have Advanced Parole or passport stamp
3. If you have EAD
4. If you have EAD, Social Security Card

arizonasun said:
Hi Alicja,

1) You are a PR as of the date when your I-485 was approved.
2) You can travel only if you get your passport stamped or have an AP - but it safer to get your passport stamped or just wait for the actual cards.
3) If you have your passport stamped (or EAD etc..)
4) If she has EAD or her passport stamped.

Still waiting for a card!!!

Hi ArizonaSun,
Yes, I m checking my case status online every day.
The message is: approval notice sent not card mailed.
I think they are behind with some paperwork, I read on this forum that people are waiting for receipt month or month a a half.
Also my case was approved at local office so maybe this takes additional time.
I know that I'm a permament resident, but without the card I can't make any travel plans.

Sincerely,

same boat

We are in the same boat. We are waiting since the FP2. We got a couple of LUDs, but no message change. Still waiting for the plastic.

Another Biometrics(Please share your experience with me)

Yes, my kid and I got new LUD, 12/29/06 but not my wife. I may know what LUD is for.

I received unexpected Notice for my kid and myself from USCIS.
Guess what? These are for another Biometrics(CODE2) Appointment Notice. Strange!! My wife and I got biometrics(CODE 3) on 12/5/06 but my kid did not because he is under 14. And after 2 weeks, our I485 had been approved.
What the heck is it? We are scheduled on next Tuesday(1/2/07) so I think I have no time to call to USCIS. I would like to have some clues about this from experienced gurus.

Q1) Is this Normal? and then what's the purpose for that?
Q2) Should I do Biometrics or re-schedule and call CIS first?
Q3) May our I485 approval be hurt(or cancelled)?
Q4) Why does my kid do finger print eventhough he is under 14?
Q5) Why does my wife not get this notice?

It is normal to request 485 applicants to get fingerprinted in three categories.
They are:
- code 1
- code 2 and
- code 3

Do not reschedule. Please go to application support center and get it done on scheduled date with out fail (for entire family). Take your spouse too and tell the officer at Application support center that your spouse did not get the notice and follow their advise.

Don't worry my friend - your i485 is not hurt or canceled. As per your first post - it is already approved!

Happy new year!

arizonasun said:
Yes, my kid and I got new LUD, 12/29/06 but not my wife. I may know what LUD is for.

I received unexpected Notice for my kid and myself from USCIS.
Guess what? These are for another Biometrics(CODE2) Appointment Notice. Strange!! My wife and I got biometrics(CODE 3) on 12/5/06 but my kid did not because he is under 14. And after 2 weeks, our I485 had been approved.
What the heck is it? We are scheduled on next Tuesday(1/2/07) so I think I have no time to call to USCIS. I would like to have some clues about this from experienced gurus.

Q1) Is this Normal? and then what's the purpose for that?
Q2) Should I do Biometrics or re-schedule and call CIS first?
Q3) May our I485 approval be hurt(or cancelled)?
Q4) Why does my kid do finger print eventhough he is under 14?
Q5) Why does my wife not get this notice?

Thanks gc_imstressed

I also got Biometrics(Code 2) for my wife on same date and time as mine.
We will be appeared and taken, and then we'll see what's happened for next.
And I'll post on this thread for updating

I got another LUD

I got a LUD on my case 01/01/07, but no message change. Still waiting for the plastic.
My wife did not get a LUD.

485 approved but card not recd after 90 days

Friends,

I am probably falling inline with some of you in this thread. Approved 485 but Plastic card not received after 90 days

My 485 was approved on 09/26 and FP Code 3 done on 09/21

My spouse and kid got the plastic card but I have not received mine as on date.

I called up USCIS 3 items and during my last call, they told me that the they have not received the card order request from TSC and asked me to check again on 01/15

No change in my LUD since 09/26

Any info on the above situation is highly appreciated

Thanks,
Sinna

Any update, 1moreday and alicja?

Hey guys, did you get plastic card?
Here is my info. again.
I485 AD(12/19/06 and got notice on 12/26/06)-->2nd FP(CODE 2, 1/2/07) for ALL -->LUD(1/3/07, old my status restored which is for transferring my case to TSC from CSC :eek: )-->LUD(1/4/07, NO change status)
I called to USCIS about my status about restoring old one and she said NO problem about that. It may be CIS system issue :confused: . And I am allowed to wait for 30 days to inquire service request because card is in order but I am sure.

1moreday and alicja, how about you guys? did you get card?

Is there anybody got experience that old status is restored on current status?

1moreday said:
Both of us got LUD 1/15/07. No message change. Still waiting.
No Update. Stuck on 1/4/07 for ALL.
We are scheduled for stamping on this Wed., but not sure we can get stamp on passport. 1moreday, did you get stamp on passport?
If they ask me to wait until receiving card instead of stamping, how do I make them to change their mind to get stamp?(2nd job, or SSN...)

Hi Guys,
No, I didn't receive my card yet.
I called customer service 3-times, every time I received different answer.
I wend to local office hoping that I will get stamp, but not I didn't.
Instead I was told to send I-90 (card replacement) & I did send it a week ago.
I hope this will be over soon.
Seems that more people are in the same situation.

Sincerely,