Can't Get EB2 Job Category Approved....

maamdeen

Hello there:

I have a Masters degree in Information Engineering and Management from US and 15+ years of experience (12 years in North America) in IT field.

My company's attorney is preparing to file for my PERM as EB2. But he's having hard time getting the PWD from DOL in Zone 5 classification. He has tried under "Engineering Manager" category (my job title is Enterprise Integration Architecture Manager). But DOL classified it as "11-3021.00 - Computer and Information Systems Managers" in Zone 4. My attorney says that this zone classification makes a weaker case for EB2 and should try to get classification in Zone 5 jobs. The review request has been denied by DOL mentioning that the job duties are more of computer related than engineering related. I looked up the job description for an engineering manager and most of the tasks mentioned on O*Net match with what I do on daily basis (coordinate, direct, planning, hiring, proposing solutions, interacting with customers/business users, manage projects, assess technology requirements, etc....)

Am I qualified for EB2 (I think I am) and is my job qualified for EB2 (I am not sure???). should we go ahead and file for EB2 under "11-3021.00 - Computer and Information Systems Managers" category? What are the chances?

I will appreciate any response and help.

Thanks

Maam.

Last edited by a moderator: