• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ketpin

Registered Users (C)
Hi ALL,

I wish and hope that none of you should have to go through this:

Can I ask a big help of anyone's experience regarding my pathetic case? :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I came to U.S. by marrying a U.S. citizen Indian girl in very good faith. We passed some very good and bad time together.
After staying together in U.S., she applied for divorce.
After 4-1/2 years of marriage life, the marriage ended.

I had my permanent G.C. then. Then I went to India again and got married since last 2 years. After coming to U.S. after 2nd marriage, I applied I-130 for my 2nd wife. Also, after 5 years of my stay in U.S. (last year) I applied for my N-400 citizenship.

Meanwhile I have 7 months old son also in India (I visited India 4 times in 2 years after my second marriage)

I passed my citizenship interview, and had an oath ceremony scheduled on 28th Aug.

But, before that I was being called at the district office for my wife's I-130 interview.

Because of my ex wife's some revengefull letter to BCIS, the immigration officer (she came to know at my interivew that I am going to be naturalized soon), called to the other office and cancelled my oath ceremony saying this case should go to investigation.

Eventhough I had abundance of evidences of my first and second marriage's very good faith, the officer did not look at any of it, and told me that I might get the other chance of interview.

I talked to the lawyer and he said, there is no way anybody could tell how long it's gonna take, and only GOD can help expediting this procedure.

Can anybody have any idea how do I get help in this kind of case or how can I have the contact of people who has the same hardship?

Thank you so much.

Please contact your Congressman and Senator, explain in all sincerity to expedite.. It worked for my family personaly (politicians help)..

That is the BEST way. Also try to write to the INS and appeal, and
ALWAYS get an attorney involved

Rahul

Thank you for your try to reply me. I was just wondering if you had the same kind of situation! What happened, I tried to involve attorney, according to him, he would be of no help till I received something from INS. Then, congressman's office told that they received reply from INS, and it is impossible to say the time limit nor that either i would be called for another interview for my wife's petition at chicago or the officer would just take the decision. What the secratory told me is if I don't hear anything back from INS within 2 months, she would send another inquiry after 2 months. Do you know Rahul, where do I get the information of similar type of cases in which the oath has been cancelled and possible investigation......
It sucks man!!!!
Thanks for your help and concern.

Hi sorry that you are undergoing this. No Im not in this situation. Your best best is to try and meet your Congressman again in PERSON, and appeal to him directly asking him to intervene.
They will 100% help u if its a family emergency. INS has a very special way of responding to them. A cousin of mine
was about to lose his GC as his reentry was expring and his
new GC did not come thru yet. A GENUINE and heartfelt
appeal to the Congressman, explaining the gravity of the situation
worked miracles and in 30 days he had his reentry and renewed
GC was in her hand!!!!

So please appeal to him, if that dont work try your Senator. The next year is election year so you my be lucky. Ask your attorney
for resources where you can ppl with similar cases like u. it might work. Check out aila.org for a list of competent attorneys if u think urs is not v helpful.. A few visits to ur local INS officers may help, someone may feel the gravity of ur situation and offer help!

I hope and pray for your expedited naturalization!

are u concerened abt processing times cause u wana bring ur wife and son to the us? if thats the case why dont u consider other visa options for them also in the meanwhile.... worst case
you could take a 6 month sabbatical (if ur job permits) and visit india (you could have someone check ur mail for u)

Thank You Rahul

Rahul,

Sorry I was not able to check this forum for a while. Now, I will for sure. Thank you for your genuine replies. You are 101% right. What happened that I contacted the congressman's office and the secratory seems like helping very much. She understands the situation and is trying hard to get my naturalization and my family's I-130 processing. She told me to wait 2 months and one officer is reviewing my file. She said there is no way anybody can help expediting this matter including any lawyer. I just need to wait, and if I don't hear anything back within 2 months, she would send an inquiry again, and so on...
I will keep you update. Thanks Rahul.

Hi Rahulkumar

Hello Rahulkumar,

If I become naturalized, but does my wife's case gets any expedition if I become citizen? Becoming a citizen can help moving my wife's I-130 case faster? Can I apply for her from Delhi again if I become citizen? In I-130 form there is a question: "Have you filled a petition for this person before?" I have to say "yes" and again I think the same thing happens...So, it's total confusion.....Why my ex wife did this to me....GOD knows...
If you get any input on this, please let me know asap.

Thank you,

Re: Hi Rahulkumar

If you Natz, and file K1, the process take 8-12 months. If you opt for DCF @ Delhi its about 3 months. Try to use DCF when
u get ur cz. Do ask your lawyer about answering 'yes' for that option. I dont know what option you are referring to:confused:

nz and i-130

There is a question in the form I-130 (16th question):

"Has your relative ever been under immigration proceedings"?
[]No [Yes] Where_________ When_________
[]Removal []Exclusion/Deportation []Recission []Judicial proceeding

And, In the D Section in I-130, question no. 2:
Have you ever filled a petition for this or any other alien before?
[]Yes []No
If Yes, give name, place, date of filling and result.

I think this is the crusial question.
Eventhough I file from Delhi, I heard that I have to fill out I-130 again from there, and I have to say Yes to this answer.

I am planning to go India if I get nz, but looking more information in this matter before I go to Delhi. Or may be will just push the congressman's office as you said. That is the only good alternative I can see now. From Congressman's office the secratory wrote me an email that she doesn't see if any lawyer ccould help me in this matter.

Otherwise at the last but not the least, India will accept me I think. I will keep you posted with my updates and you also please let me know if any other info available.

Thanks.