Cancel Spouse GC

fatjoe007

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am applied for GC for my spouse through CP in India, my wife came into the country and stayed with me for 2 months, she told me she would want to go back and meet her folks in india. After some time she has abondaned me. I have divorce proceedings going aginst her. I acted in good faith and got her GC but she has hurt me badly by abondaning the marriage. She has in her possession her GC and passport, affadavit of support i filed for her.
My question: is there any legal way by which i can pursue her GC as fraud by marriage?
Any input will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Joe

yes brother when you are doing divorce proceedings
make sure you fight a court case saying that your spouse has maried you only for the green card and the marriage was fraud she can loose her GC status or atleast have problems with the INS when ever entering the country

more and more of such cases are becoming common
desi girls divorcing and enjoying american freedom at the expense of somebody else.

i do not get it. if she went back to india, i do not see the point that she married for GC. if she is out of country over a year, her GC will be cancelled. if so, i guess both of you just had bad luck and i suggest you to take it easy and let go. i might be wrong since i do not know the details.

Thanks for your response.
rbhatt123 you talked about a court case, can you give me more details on this. The divorce proceedings i am in right now does not have this as part of my case.
Appreciate your feedback.

Hello

you said that you have divorce proceeding going on
I suppose it must be divorce in absentia because the other party is absent ,absconding (I am pretty sure she is in US and not in India ) so you have 60 days of notice (depending on which state you live in) period where by if the other party does not respond you get the divorce. Talk to the lawyer and he/she may be able to explain to you how to file a case. You divorce is on the basis of Fraud Marriage and intent to come to US.

In my case my spouse absconded but was very smart to sign the papers when lawyer sent a notice to her sister's house.

thanks gud luck

If one is concerned that spouse married solely for acquiring GC, forward copies of divorce papers to INS with coverletter stating beliefs, opinions and such evidence as you have. Inclusion of SSN Immigrant file number name date of birth of spouse would help them place the documents in the file. If more people did this, at least some of these folks would not be able to keep their green cards.