Canadian staying in US

Guest168

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My gf is a Canadian. I am in US. If she wants to come live with me and have no jobs, what can she do?

I know that holding Canadian passport can stay in US for 6 months. Can she leave US for a month and come back? Stay another 6 months and then come back. Will she be banned if doing it too many times?

Thanks.

Hi,

My gf is a Canadian. I am in US. If she wants to come live with me and have no jobs, what can she do?

-- Nothing (she cannot do that legally).

I know that holding Canadian passport can stay in US for 6 months. Can she leave US for a month and come back?

-- Yes, she can.

Stay another 6 months and then come back. Will she be banned if doing it too many times?

-- May be. Strong chances are there (of getting cought) if she does it too many times. There will be questions at the border and then the
consequences! The purpose of this status for the cdns is to visit the US. But if she visits her home country Canada and LIVES in the US, that is NOT allowed.

Where should I get her start looking for a job if possible? She is not a highly skilled labour category. Or maybe she can start studying some courses to make her familiar with the environment first?

Where should I get her start looking for a job if possible? She is not a highly skilled labour category. Or maybe she can start studying some courses to make her familiar with the environment first?

If she is not a professional, she is most likely ineligible to get any work status. Try F1 status then, if she is interested in persuing a degree.