Canadian PR - will be a student in a few months.

SmiRao

Hi,

My husband and I are working in the US for about a year now.We hold valid H1b visas. We are looking at applying for a canadian PR.
How long will it take to get a PR in case we apply for it now? The FAQs mention that it takes about a year and more. Can someone confirm this, considering our profiles below?

a. We have been admitted to a reputed MBA school in Canada. We will be joining in September, this year. We would be applying for student visas in the coming months.
b. We would like to apply for PR immediately. But we will be resigning from our jobs in July to attend school in canada. In this situation, would our PR processing still continue, after July, when we will no longer hold valid H1Bs?
c. Do you think we should go through a lawyer for our PR?

Waiting for your inputs!

Thanks,
SR

US Citizen is looking for Canadian PR

Hi.

I have Canadian common law and we currently live in USA and planing to apply for PR under familiy category
Couples questions;

1-What is the expected processing time to get PR?
2-My common law lives in USA for long time and because of that she didn't file tax return in Canad.If I will be sponsor on the application does it cause any problem to her?
3-Since I am far away from my home how can I get police clerance form my home town?

Thanks in advance.

Regards