canadian PR travelling on AP

programmer76

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I would appreciate feedback from people who have traveled via advance parole to Canada and came back to USA. I am a Canadian PR. I have valid AP but my h1 stamp has expired and working with the same employer who filed my GC and H1.

I've traveled from Canada in the past using H1B visa and at POE the US officers never put any stamp on my passport while entering back to USA. While using advance parole do they also put a stamp in our passport and on advance parole mentioning date of arrival in USA? Also I’ve read in several forums on murthy about people having a difficult time while coming back to USA using AP if they are Canadian PR. US officer have given warnings about notifying the service centers about a person's PR status in Canada. Does anyone have similar experience?

Also when we enter Canada what questions Canadian officer ask? What to answer them if they ask why I’ve applied for USA Green card even though I'm a Canadian resident?

I will really appreciate your feedback because I want to travel to Canada and don't really know what to do in these situations.