canadian PR approval after GC approval

budboy

Registered Users (C)
Folks, I need some advice from those that may have been in the following situation. After we recd our GC (October 2004), we have now been approved for Canadian PR which we originally applied for in 2003. The Canadians want us to send our PP on which they will put an immigrant visa stamp. If we had to make a choice we would choose to keep the GC and relinquish the Canadian PR, but would like to know if there are any adverse consequences to having that Canadian immigrant visa stamp on our PP.

I almost feel bad to bring up this issue as I know that many members of this forum are struggling with the more serious issue of how to get their US GC approved. I don't mean to clutter the airwaves with my petty personal concern, but just thought I would check in case a fellow member has had the same experience.

I have a similar question but in opposite way. I got Canadian PR and I am waiting now for the US GC (ND 6/1/2002) which has been my ultimate goal. Is there anybody with the same situation?

I think you have to choose between two.
Canadian PR provides you with a flexibility to stay out of Canada within 2 years of 5. If you have no intention of using that let it go or you can keep it as an option.

I still have 2 years to keep the canadian PR and I really hope I will get the USA PR till that time?! Do you know whether I need to choose at the time of the interview for USA PR? Are there going to cancel my canadian PR and how? Thanks.