Canadian PR Application Questions

jhumkasrc

Registered Users (C)
I am on H1B in US and I would like to apply for Canadian PR. I have got the application procedure info from www.cic.gc.ca, obtained fingerprints which I am about to send to FBI for clearance and so on ...

In the interim, I have some queries related to the Application checklist -- specifically, I need toknow whether all the requirements in the checklist have be followed to a fault ?

1) Transcript: The official requirement is for originals. Will notarized copies do?

2) Work experience : I am guessing that letters of reference are not needed from ALL past employers, the last couple will do.

3) Work experience : I hope that letter of reference will stand even if it does not include "a business card of the person signing .."

4) Work experience : Do letters of reference need to have the company's office seal ?

5) Police clearance : I am from India -- and I understand I don't have to get the clearance from there. However, prior to coming to US, I worked in Singapore (was a PR) for 2 years -- do I need to get the clearance from there ?

Clarifications will be greatly appreciated.

If there is any thread on this site which caters to such questions (I didn't find any), please let me know.

Regards

Originally posted by jhumkasrc
I am on H1B in US and I would like to apply for Canadian PR. I have got the application procedure info from www.cic.gc.ca, obtained fingerprints which I am about to send to FBI for clearance and so on ...

In the interim, I have some queries related to the Application checklist -- specifically, I need toknow whether all the requirements in the checklist have be followed to a fault ?

1) Transcript: The official requirement is for originals. Will notarized copies do?

(You can get a transcript for your personal records from your college. You cna send this)

2) Work experience : I am guessing that letters of reference are not needed from ALL past employers, the last couple will do.
(Get the experience letter from each and every single employer. If you are just putting 2 employers on your app then get only those 2)

3) Work experience : I hope that letter of reference will stand even if it does not include "a business card of the person signing .."
(It has to be on a company letterhead. Has to cleraly indicate your dates of employment, job title and job description. You will have to send the original out)

4) Work experience : Do letters of reference need to have the company's office seal ?
(If you are not typing this on a plain 8.5"/11" white bond paper
:D and are obtaining the lettes on official company letterhead, then you do not need the stamp.

5) Police clearance : I am from India -- and I understand I don't have to get the clearance from there. However, prior to coming to US, I worked in Singapore (was a PR) for 2 years -- do I need to get the clearance from there ?

(YES)

Clarifications will be greatly appreciated.

If there is any thread on this site which caters to such questions (I didn't find any), please let me know.

Regards