Canadian PCC question

scheruvu

Registered Users (C)
I lived in Canada for 6 yrs as a PR before moving to the US for employment. I'm applying for CP at Chennai consulate. What kind of Canadian PCC do I need to get -- Name-check based or fingerprint-based? I know that a name-check based PCC is enough for Canadian residents, but what about those who currently live in the US? Apparently the fingerprint-based check takes over 5 months, which came as kind of a shock to me, since I'm expecting an interview within 3 months or so. Can I travel to Canada and go to a local RCMP office there to get a name-check PCC? Will it be accepted at the consulate?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Hi, let me take the opportunity

to ask a similar kinda question here, rather than opening a new thread.

I am doing my CP from Mumbai consulate. I had lived in India, Singapore, US and currently in canada in last 10 years. will I need police clearance for all these countries. Can anyone tell me how to get them from these countries?

Thanks in advance.

Sudipta

sudiptabhaskar said:
to ask a similar kinda question here, rather than opening a new thread.

I am doing my CP from Mumbai consulate. I had lived in India, Singapore, US and currently in canada in last 10 years. will I need police clearance for all these countries. Can anyone tell me how to get them from these countries?

Thanks in advance.

Sudipta

You will need PCCs from India, Singapore and Canada.

For your stay in India, you will need to approach the nearest Consulate/Embassy in Canada.

For Canada - You will need to get PCC from RCMP - Research the forum for
specifics.

For Singapore- Research for specifics in the forum . Other members may provide more information.

You do not need a PCC from US.

Raju