Canadian Passport applying from US

sangeevijayan

Registered Users (C)
This question may be an odd man out in this forum...anyway i would like to get some guidance. We moved to newjersey from canada recently. My son's(3 yrs) candian passport expires this august. I have the child passport application for the canadians living in US. My query is about the guarantor signature. I dont know anybody in US who knows me for more than 2 yrs.
what am i supposed to do ?
can i get the signature from a public attorney. Are there any restrictions or rules to follow regarding the guarantor
Thanks a lot in advance

Call the Canadian Embassy in NYC for instructions, they are very helpful.
Just call before 12 or after 2 to get a live body.

This question may be an odd man out in this forum...anyway i would like to get some guidance. We moved to newjersey from canada recently. My son's(3 yrs) candian passport expires this august. I have the child passport application for the canadians living in US. My query is about the guarantor signature. I dont know anybody in US who knows me for more than 2 yrs.
what am i supposed to do ?
can i get the signature from a public attorney. Are there any restrictions or rules to follow regarding the guarantor

There is a form to fill out if you do not have the guarantor. Unfortunately, the form is not available on the web. Ask the consulate to mail it to you (ask for the form "in lieu of guarantor") or ask any of ur friends in Canada to post it to you. (I have used this form twice). Fill it - it is very simple. Get it signed by the local notary public in the US and mail it along with other docs. It works fine - and you will get the new passport within 3 weeks.