Canadian Citizen - Sponsoring Wife

kh2003

Hello, I am a Canadian Citizen and am going to apply for my Wife's Canadian Immigration who is in the US. I have a few questions:

1. How long the process will take?
2. She is a visitor in the US, can I apply for her as a visitor to Canada and apply from there (would it be faster) ?
3. Would she be allowed to visit Canada, since she is a wife of a Canadian Citizen and that might raise a flag that she may not have any intention of coming back?
4. Is there ANY way that I could request the immigration office to process her papers in a few weeks since her visit is expiring soon and also the fact that she (and I as well), are having some difficulties here in the US sinc eshe wears traditional Pakistani clothes and that is raising some eyebrows these days?

Any ideas folks?

Cheers!

Originally posted by kh2003
Hello, I am a Canadian Citizen and am going to apply for my Wife's Canadian Immigration who is in the US. I have a few questions:

1. How long the process will take?
2. She is a visitor in the US, can I apply for her as a visitor to Canada and apply from there (would it be faster) ?
3. Would she be allowed to visit Canada, since she is a wife of a Canadian Citizen and that might raise a flag that she may not have any intention of coming back?
4. Is there ANY way that I could request the immigration office to process her papers in a few weeks since her visit is expiring soon and also the fact that she (and I as well), are having some difficulties here in the US sinc eshe wears traditional Pakistani clothes and that is raising some eyebrows these days?

Any ideas folks?

Cheers!

where are you now, in US or Canada???

I think your case should fall under the family class category. If yes then:

1. Approx one year
2. Yes, you can bring her to Canada on visitor visa and then apply to a consular post of your choice outside Canada.
3. Sorry cant say
4. I think you can process Visitor Visa same day if you have necessary documents.