Canada immigration - Info needed

shanku1973

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am currently in H1B and 'am planning to apply for Canada immigration. There is strong possibility that I might lose my job/h1b and return to India. Trying to understand what will happen, if I had applied for canadian immigration from US and in the middle I returned to India. Do I need to reapply? or just enough if I inform the change of address?.

In general, how long it takes for canada PR from date of application.

Please share your knowledge.

Thanks.
Shan

H-1B & Canadianimmigration-URGENT

Hi, We are also in the same boat, H-1B expiring in Aug-04 & we submitted our FP,Landing fees + Medical in APril-04.
Wanted to know that if in-between we have to go back to India then what will happen to our Candian immigration...

Pls replyyyyyyy!!!! :confused: :confused:

H1b ending

one of our friends was in the same boat. He maintained an address in US of some relative and continued his process. It worked out fine for him as he came back to US on L1 and took his CA immigration from there.Maybe you could try that too, instead of moving file to India for process.

H1B and Canada PR

Mithunda,
I wanted to know if you can help me out.I have exactly 14 months to have my H1 Expire and meanwhile my company has already started my GC process and it is still awaiting labor certification(for the last 2 years).Yesterday I got the confirmation from the Canadian VISA Office that they wanted to mail me original pasport and photographs for stamping the VISA of canada. Once the passports come stamped from the consulate I wanted to know how much time will the Imiigration Authorities give me on order to to stay in the US. Do I have to go to Canada in Between for the PR Card and If I have to then can I come back to US.As of Now I do not have any relatives or friends in Canada whose Address I can give so I was worried.
Please Advise
babaikhadash