Can you travel out of country after N400 filed?

luo

Registered Users (C)
I have filed my N400 in July. Now I got business need to travel out of USA for a week. This out-of-country record will not be in the N400 form. Will the interview process be impatced by this? or I can explain to them and add the date in during the interview. Thanks!

I don't think one week out of the US will be a problem. You will just have to let USCIS know at the time of interview.

You will be asked during interview to report any trips taken since submitting your paperwork. No big deal...

However, it is important to maintain your continuous residency and <30 months outside the US, etc, etc.

luo said:
I have filed my N400 in July. Now I got business need to travel out of USA for a week. This out-of-country record will not be in the N400 form. Will the interview process be impatced by this? or I can explain to them and add the date in during the interview. Thanks!

That's not a problem at all. I have seen many cases where the applicant travelled out of the country after filing N-400. As mentioned by another poster, do remember to mention this at the time of the interview.

Yeah the officer will ask you during the interview and 100% sure that they will have all the recrods of trip. Whenever your greencard is being swiped at any airport around the world, they will get a record of that. But they will just ask you to specify the reason of the trip and stuff. As others said its not a BIG DEAL at all in your case.

Check out:

http://www.uscis.gov/lpBin/lpext.dl...?f=templates&fn=document-frame.htm#slb-act316

One of the citizenship application condition is "..(2) has resided continuously within the United States from the date of the application up to the time of admission to citizenship"

So does it mean I can not travel after I apply for citizenship until I get the approval?

I am scheduled to travel outside US for 3 weeks four days after I apply for the citizenship but not sure if I can do that. Any suggestions?

You can travel

After I filed for my N400, I travelled 5 times outside US and each time I travelled for a week. Even after my interview on Oct 3, the following week I travelled for a week again and attended my Oath on Oct 18. As long as you maintain your residency requirements there is no problem. When attending Oath you need to mention about your travel. Never mentioned my travel during interview.