Can Wife work on EAD?

dvshekar

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have applied for 485 along with my wife (who is on H4). Can she start working after I get my EAD. Specifically she would like to do her medical residency.

Thanks
DV

Last edited by a moderator:
Separate EAD for wife?

I have applied for 485. WIll myself and my wife get separates EADS. How long does it take.

Yes

I-485/I-765/I-131 each one are applied per candidate not per family. If you have applied for I-485 for you and your family members, you have to submit one application per candidate. INS does not issue approvals per family.

Once your wife has I-765 approval, she has to obtain SSN (if she doesnt have) then she can start working.

I hope this answers your question

Last edited by a moderator:
4 months for EAD in CSC

Check with your lawyer whether he/she applied AP/EAD for your wife. If not, you would need to submit AP/EAD application for you wife ASAP. EAD takes about 4 months in CSC.

Documents for EAD
1. 2 passport photos. Write A# and name on the back
2. Form 765
3. Copy of 485 receipt.
4. Copy of last EAD receipt
5. Both sides copy of last EAD card
6. Self Check/Money order/cashier's check $120.
7. Signature card

Documents for AP

1. 2 passport photos. Write A# and name on the back
2. I-131 Form
3. Copy of 485 receipt.
4. Copy of last AP receipt
5. Copy of current AP
6. Copy of I-94(both sides)

I have the following questions.
1. How to get signature card? Can I download from somewhere or should I go to INS office to get one?
2. How did you send the applications? Did you send EAD and AP in different covers? What is the best service (FedEx, USP, US postal)?
3. Did you add any cover letters?
4. How did you order the application?

Your Documents are correct, just add TOP part of pervious EAD with EAD application form and write A# ( you can find it on your I-485 reciept or previous EAD)

How to get signature card? Can I download from somewhere or should I go to INS office to get one?
-- You do not need signature card this requirement no loner exist, now INS will scan your signature from EAD or AP form

2. How did you send the applications? Did you send EAD and AP in different covers? What is the best service (FedEx, USP, US postal)?
---Send by FedEx, you can track your packet; it will be better to send in same letter
3. Did you add any cover letters?
--Just write, please find application Forms and fees for AP and EAD
4. How did you order the application?
--Go to INS site or Murthy.com and download the forms and fill up the forms
You should mail 2 Different INS fee checks and attach to respective application forms